Difference between regulators?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanpace

Reaction score
I am just wondering if there is any difference between a CO2 regulator I would buy from morebeer.com or Austin Homebrew Supply, compared to one I could purchase at a welding shop.

They both look the same and are measured in PSI it looks like, but is there anything "food grade" from the ones offered for pushing beer?

Thx

Just make sure you get a reg. that measures PSI rather than flow, and that the low pressure gauge is easy enough to read at the pressure you'll be working with, typically 0-60 psi, otherwise a replacement gauge starts around $8. The parts are mostly brass. You want to have a check valve on the output to prevent beer from backing up into the regulator body.

Just make sure you get a reg. that measures PSI rather than flow, and that the low pressure gauge is easy enough to read at the pressure you'll be working with, typically 0-60 psi, otherwise a replacement gauge starts around $8. The parts are mostly brass. You want to have a check valve on the output to prevent beer from backing up into the regulator body.

+1 to check valve...that sucks when it happens

Latest posts

Back