New to homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moto36

Reaction score
Hello, Allen from Ga here. I bought myself a true brew kit and an amber ingredient kit Saturday and wasted no time getting the batch started. I have a little over a case of becks and harp bottles that I will be using. I've asked friends to save bottles for me. I would like to buy bulk malt, hops and try one of the published recipies instead of an ingredient kit next time. This is going to be a good hobby. I need to get a good book on homebrewing.

Hello there. :mug:
Welcome to HBT. It sounds like you are off to a good start.
I recommend The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing by Charlie Papazian as a great book for beginners. He provides lots of good information and his enthusiasm for brewing is contagious. I think it is a great book.

You can also try "Beer Captured" by Tess and Mark Szamatulski. It's got over 150 recipes of great beers. They also include the all grain and mini-mash recipes too so you can see both sides of the fence.

Brewiz said:
Hey Allen where in Ga are you and welcome there is lot of good info on here...
I live in Kennesaw (the only city in the us to have a law requiring residents to own a firearm :) ) My airlock bubbles very slowly now. I see that most people here move the batch to the secondary fermenter after about a week, so I'll be doing that this coming Sat. I like the idea of 22 oz bottles but I already have a bunch of 12 oz's. My friends gave me a bunch of bottles today. The one's rooting for chicago will have to be washed as they have alot of tears in them.
Alot of info on this site.

Latest posts

Back