Greetin's from Fort Worth, Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santiago

Reaction score
I'm planning on lurking for a good bit and reading what's already here, but thought I'd say "hi."

I'm finishing up my 3rd and last batch from a Mr. Beer (bought on a whim, never done any of this before), and setting up a more advanced (but still beginner) rig in the laundry room.

So far, I'm drinking my first batch (an amber ale, and it's not bad for my first go at it), eagerly waiting on a bottled oatmeal stout, and fermenting an Irish red.

congrat.. and welcome to the forum... let me know if you need some help on suggestions.
I started off with Mr.Beer last year and has move up to 5 gallons all grain through time..
brewing is a very rewarding process. prost!

congrat.. and welcome to the forum... let me know if you need some help on suggestions.
I started off with Mr.Beer last year and has move up to 5 gallons all grain through time..
brewing is a very rewarding process. prost!

That much is clear. Eight pints of decent beer for $27 staring costs; 22 bottles of oatmeal stout for $17ish, and the Irish was free with the purchase of the stout.

Oh, and it's all manner of fun, too.

Welcome to HBT man.

This way of life will become an addiction

What do you mean, "become?" ;)

Was your first batch only 8 pints? Or actually 8 quarts? The Mr. Beer fermenter is just over 2 gallons, which should've left you with 22 bottles (just like you said you got with the oatmeal stout).

I actually started with Mr. Beer, and moved to a 5-gallon batch size three days after putting my first batch (West Coast [Honey] Pale Ale) in the little fermenter. I've brewed every week since I started, but actually still haven't tasted my first bottle out of the Mr. Beer. But I'll drink one tonight, as I work on brewing my 2nd All-Grain batch.

It's a crazy-addictive hobby!

Was your first batch only 8 pints? Or actually 8 quarts? The Mr. Beer fermenter is just over 2 gallons, which should've left you with 22 bottles (just like you said you got with the oatmeal stout).

Quarts. Oops. Math and volumes and all that... not my strong suit. :)

It made 8 of the large bottles that the kit came with. I had to go buy bottles for the stout.

That much is clear. Eight pints of decent beer for $27 staring costs; 22 bottles of oatmeal stout for $17ish, and the Irish was free with the purchase of the stout.

Oh, and it's all manner of fun, too.

What do you mean, "become?" ;)

You will see when you try to make every single beer styles out there.
It is fun and it tastes good. Read the Mr.Beer thread and you'll get a kick out of it too.

Welcome! As you build your AG setup, and keezer, and yadda yadda yadda over time, price per beer goes up, but it just gets more fun and better!

Welcome, I'm only on my 5th batch and already have a nice keg setup and AG is just around the corner.

We need to have a DFW HBT meet. I think there is plenty of us for a nice big 'ol gathering.

Back