Had to happen at some point

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruscar

Eat, drink, repeat
Reaction score
Went to transfer my brew to secondary, and, ho mammy, the stench that came outta the ferma-freezerator!
puke2.gif

Had a rather robust fermentation, even over-flowing the airlock, so there was a small puddle of wort on the floor of the ferma-freezerator. And it stank! Cleaned up and started transferring to the secondary. Took a sample for FG purposes and, like I always do, tasted it.

Sour. Damn. Caught a bug somewhere.
BangHead.gif

Ah, well. Happens to the best of us. Ran out to the LHBS and got ingredients to do another batch.

Pisser is that it puts me 2 weeks behind and I'm down to a twelver of my fave. Thank Jebus I just picked up a six of Sierra Nevada Celebration and my holiday ale should be ready to drink tomorrow. :mug:

Back to your regularly scheduled "aluminum vs. stainless" threads.
ohthedrama.gif

I'd toss five campden tablets in it and let it sit. Sour beers can be nice in hot weather.

david_42 said:
I'd toss five campden tablets in it and let it sit. Sour beers can be nice in hot weather.
A little late for that. *flush*
Read the Wiki on Campden but have never heard of using it to try to rescue a beer.
headscratch.gif

Back