Midwest Supplies Summit Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill_skar

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this extract recipe for their pale ale? I love the actual product and am thinking about ordering it and trying to make it in CHicago. Let me know...

Please do. Since I'm from mpls/stp, I love Summit EPA. I've never brewer the Midwest clone, but I'd love to hear how it is.

I am in Chicago now and I miss summit on tap quite a bit, so I am pretty excited to brew the clone. They only have the hefe on tap here which is fine but it is not epa.

Have you ever toured the brewery? Totally worth it and tons of free beer! Even out of season and specialty stufF!

I love that place. I love the smell of the tasting room. When I was there they had tons of hops hanging from the corners...smelled great.

I'm also from Msp/StP originally and now in Chicago. Honkers Ale is good but it's no Summit EPA. I ordered the Extra Pale Ale kit from Northern Brewer last week. People rating that kit say its great and turns out alot like Summit EPA. I'll be brewing it next, here are the ingredients...

1lbs Dingemans Caramel Pils

6lbs Gold Malt Syrup

2oz Cascade (60 min)
1 oz. Cascade (1 min)

I plan on dry hopping with an extra .5 oz cascade as a little something extra. I like that its all Cascade because I'm a new brewer and I'm trying to start with relatively simple recipes so I can learn the different flavors of the hops and malts.

Whats the midwest recipe?

6lbs of gold LME

1lb of DME

Grains: 1lb of C-80

Hops:

1/2 oz horizan

1 0z cascade

1 oz fuggle

Yeast: White Labs California Ale

I'm gonna start it tomorrow or Sunday!

Back