Good place to buy kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druss716

Reaction score
My first batch has been in the fermenter for just about a week now, and I'm already itching to start another batch.

I used an extract kit from a local store and he doesn't have much of a kit selection.

I'm actually wanting to do some sort of Irish Stout in time for St. Patrick's Day (cutting it close time-wise, I know).

Being a newbie, I'm not sure which of the online stores have the best kits.
anyone have any suggestions?

Specifically, if anyone has any experience with any of their Irish Stouts, I'd love to hear which extract kits were good, bad, etc.

Thanks!!!

I like Northern Brewer and Midwest Supplies but then again I'm from MN and I they are just a short drive away for me. Northern's Dry Irish Stout is pretty tasty.

I like Northern Brewer and Midwest Supplies but then again I'm from MN and I they are just a short drive away for me. Northern's Dry Irish Stout is pretty tasty.

Northern Brewer is great, but I bought two kits at a time to reduce shipping costs per kit. Their Irish Red would complement nicely i think.

I brewed Brewer's Best Irish Stout, but got it from a local store. While racking it to the secondary carboy i tasted it and like it, so look forward to bottling it in a week.

I've used annapolishomebrew.com before. However they've raised their prices about 10-20% over the last year. You can do Brewer's Best way cheaper.

I was leaning towards Northern's Dry Irish, actually. It seemed to have received a lot of positive reviews.

I was leaning towards Northern's Dry Irish, actually. It seemed to have received a lot of positive reviews.

It's solid. If I remember it's a little more roasty than Guiness but still good. Maybe not roasty, but there was something different. Almost a little more flavorful in some way if I remember. Been a while since I made it obviously.

It's solid. If I remember it's a little more roasty than Guiness but still good. Maybe not roasty, but there was something different. Almost a little more flavorful in some way if I remember. Been a while since I made it obviously.

Yeah I don't think it is a clone, at least it didn't taste like it to me. Nothing in the kit to replicate the sourness of Guinness. Still an easy, solid, and relatively inexpensive kit though.

Have to put my 2 cents in for Midwest. I've had made thier stout and Irish reds on multiple occasions, and they were both very good. The Irish red is one of my most popular beers

Morebeer.com is a good one, they have some pretty cheap kits and a huge selection. Its also free shipping over $59.

Back