Brown Ale Recipe Feedback Request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never used the Chocolate Malt before. Is that a decent amount to add some nutty notes without overpowering?

Bump!

This is only my 2nd or 3rd recipe, so I am hoping for some feedback before going forward.

Looks like a good recipe, and other than the higher IBUs, its not too far different than a nut brown I brew as a house beer. I'm not sure you will really pick out the honey malt. I subbed it in for my last 2 batches and didn't really notice it, took it back out on the batch I brewed last night so I can't really say for sure, but the recipe might benefit from a hair more crystal over the honey. But it looks good to me boss.

Looks like a good recipe, and other than the higher IBUs, its not too far different than a nut brown I brew as a house beer. I'm not sure you will really pick out the honey malt. I subbed it in for my last 2 batches and didn't really notice it, took it back out on the batch I brewed last night so I can't really say for sure, but the recipe might benefit from a hair more crystal over the honey. But it looks good to me boss.

Thanks, buddy. I may scale back the hops. Basically, I aimed higher in IBUs because of the sweetness I anticipate from the Crystal and Honey.

Back