I'm watching the SB illegally!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just distributed a copy of that story to the sales weasels in the building. It never fails that one of them wants to use the words "Super Bowl" in a commercial. I then proceed to ***** slap them and tell them no, and why.

You said it best tho Cheese...

NFL sucks donkey-balls

Huge 55 inch ones at that.

Ize

I've got a buddy of mine that works in Marketing for ACE hardware. One of the guys that worked with him make the HUGE mistake of building a promotion around Brian Urlacher without getting the necessary permissions from the NFL.

They had TONS of marketing materials with Brian in the Bear uniform that they couldn't use. Those guys are BASTARDS when it comes to using their stuff. Obviously, the guy doesn't have a job with Ace anymore.

Whoa, wait a minute....this is a televised event right? Or am I missing something...how friggin st00pid is that?!?!

Each year I find it harder to get excited about the big game. I guess thats why we need pip :)

Baron von BeeGee said:
I still bemoan them making the coaches where licensed gear crap. Who the hell wants to see Dennis Green in sweats? Tom Laundry is rolling in his grave.

Got that right. :rockin:

Ize

i'm in california at the moment on business - will it be possible for me NOT to have to watch the game? will it be on all the tv stations and in all the pubs???? or do i just have to stay in bed?

kenmc said:
i'm in california at the moment on business - will it be possible for me NOT to have to watch the game? will it be on all the tv stations and in all the pubs???? or do i just have to stay in bed?

You could always go to church.:D

olllllo said:
You could always go to church.:D
See what really interests me is watching Ireland kick Welsh ass in the 6nations (rugby). It's at 7am sunday morning over here in california. and the pubs are charging $20 to go watch it!!! Insane! I could get a ticket for the home games in Irelad for less than that!!!!!

Solution : I have my brother setting a webcam up in front of the tv in ireland and I will watch it via skype! :)
Then I'll be back to bed methinks, cos it will be my birthday after all!

kenmc said:
Then I'll be back to bed methinks, cos it will be my birthday after all!

Wish you the happiest then.

My wife approved a trip to see the Gaelic Games in the hypothetical future.
I'd be a fly-in flyout deal.

I was surprised that she really enjoyed the Gaelic Games HOF.

Thanks!

going to watch the football or the hurling?? tickets are hard to get for the championship matches is the only thing. i've never been to a gaelic game - used play it years ago in school, then switched codes to rugger... for the first time ever rugby will be played in the Gaelic grounds in Dublin. Had to have a special rule overturned temporarily while the rugby ground was getting renovated! I **** you not!

It doesn't apply to private homes or sports bars. It's only for mass out-of-home public viewings.

kenmc said:
Thanks!

going to watch the football or the hurling?? tickets are hard to get for the championship matches is the only thing. i've never been to a gaelic game - used play it years ago in school, then switched codes to rugger... for the first time ever rugby will be played in the Gaelic grounds in Dublin. Had to have a special rule overturned temporarily while the rugby ground was getting renovated! I **** you not!

Ticket availability will be the decider, but I think that I prefer to see hurling. When ever we asked about the sport, people were very enthusiastic but were always pressing us to adopt a team so we based our decision on the team colors of our home (WI) NFL team. Sorry to say that we aren't Dubs but Kerry supporters.

Kerry would be better footballers than hurlers. You'd be better off with waterford,kilkenny, cork, wexford or possibly clare if you're for the hurling... ;)

Back