NHC 2012 First Round Scoresheets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone know shipping deadlines for the finals? I have been able to find no info but the date of the actual event

Within the rules it states between:

Tuesday, May 29
5 p.m. Monday, June 11, 2012.

I imagine the shipping address will be in the package you'll get from the AHA that includes bottle labels.

Bummed that a 41 on my Imperial Rye IPA wasn't good enough to place in the specialty category at San Diego. Must have been some tight competition.

My 34 point black IPA managed mini BOS round hopefully your 41 did as well?

I managed to get to mini BOS with a pumpkin lager and scored a second with my Hef in San Diego

Bummed that a 41 on my Imperial Rye IPA wasn't good enough to place in the specialty category at San Diego. Must have been some tight competition.

I hear you man. I had a 21A score a 42 in Denver and not even advance to mini BOS. Must have been lots of good beers.

Got my Atlanta scoresheets today. Some feedback was good, some was ridiculous. For example, I submitted a Belgian Dubbel that was aged with tart cherries, and was dinged for having a "sour" flavor...:drunk:

It was in 16E, and was labeled Dubbel with Tart Cherries. That makes the feedback incorrect.

I got mine today as well. Was happy with feedback from 5 out of 6 judges. Better than I expected. With they'd do these electronically though - much faster turnaround and more legible scoresheets.

ArcaneXor said:
I got mine today as well. Was happy with feedback from 5 out of 6 judges. Better than I expected. With they'd do these electronically though - much faster turnaround and more legible scoresheets.

Aside from the one comment, I think the feedback I received was mostly spot on.

I finally got my Atlanta sheets yesterday. I scored two 39's, two 38's, and a 36 but none advanced. Mini-BOS was checked for my amber-style Belgian pale ale. My wit, pumpkin ale, and Mexican chocolate stout got some praise as well. Just need some fine tuning according the judges.

Overall I'm pretty happy, being that this is my first competition and first year as an all-grain brewer. I'm still looking forward to a great time in Seattle next month.

Has anyone seen invitations come in to send beers off to the second round? Last year I received a packages with lables to affix to the bottles. I haven't seen it yet this year.

Jason

I haven't gotten my second round stuff yet either. Should panic be setting in?

I got mine via email about a week ago. Entries need to be to Seattle by June 11th. If you didn't get an email, but are sure you have entries advancing, contact Janis Gross at 1-888-822-6273 x134.

Well I took first in pale ales in Pittsburgh and 3rd in spice herb, so I assume that means I advanced, but I could be wrong

Back