Tom Roeder's Dry Yeast vs Liquid Yeast Experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I applaud the effort, but I'd like to see the results summarized and added to the original post. Its a pain to scan through 24 pages. I am still unclear as to what the final tally was, since it was implied that one of the testers mixed up the beers.

Would it be possible to have a summary like:

XXX prefered Liquid to Dry. He thought the Dry Yeast tasted zzz and the Liquid yeast had ccc properties.

Seeing this guy preferred A to B is less helpful in a summary (where as it makes sense in the video since they don't know the true identities)

Again - good job in all the work - but it would take me 30-60 minutes to go through all this to get the details, while a summary would be greatly appreciated.

I applaud the effort, but I'd like to see the results summarized and added to the original post. Its a pain to scan through 24 pages. I am still unclear as to what the final tally was, since it was implied that one of the testers mixed up the beers.

Would it be possible to have a summary like:

XXX prefered Liquid to Dry. He thought the Dry Yeast tasted zzz and the Liquid yeast had ccc properties.

Seeing this guy preferred A to B is less helpful in a summary (where as it makes sense in the video since they don't know the true identities)

Again - good job in all the work - but it would take me 30-60 minutes to go through all this to get the details, while a summary would be greatly appreciated.

You could try watching the videos?

I really enjoyed the experiment and I thought it was done in a very scientific way. I hope to see more experiments like this one.

Just out of curiosity, did Nige ever say why he never posted the video? Saw his video saying he was posting and frankly the guy seems like a bit of a nut.

Last I saw, Nige commented on his own YouTube channel that he was having 'technical difficulties' with the video recording that he took. Who knows what that means. He had promised to have it up by some date, and that never happened. So, I guess Tom gave up on him. Oh well, **** happens, and we all waited patiently for long enough.

Back