Dehusked Carafa Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewyourown4life

Reaction score
I'm thinking about useing some Dehusked Carafa II or III in a up coming brew and i have never used it before. i know it adds color without the bitterness but my question is does it add any noticeable flavor profiles even if there very faint. :mug:

I use CIII and it does add a roasty character. Smoother than a typical roast malt, but certainly in the roast ballpark.

It has a flavor. Obviously, you taste it, it tastes like something. I think whether it is going to add a noticeable taste to your beer depends on what else is going on in there. I have added some of the dehusked III to a pale beer and was able to pick up some roast-like notes. If you were to add it to a beer that already had some dark malts I don't think the flavor would be as noticeable.

I used debittered (dehusked) CarafaII in my dunkelweizen, definitely adds some roasty flavour. Mmmmmm.....

Latest posts

Back