Name My Actual Farm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifelee

Reaction score
As some may know I am an actually wheat and barley farmer. I don't want to get into any politics, but one thing that is common is for farmers to incorporate (tax savings, liability, etc). I have grown my farm to be big enough to justify incorporating. The only thing that is preventing me from moving forward is that I can't come up with a good name. I will use this for the rest of my life so I don't want to take it lightly. My father has already used our last name with his corporation, so I need to get creative. Some names of local farms I like are:
Scattered Acres Farms
Prairie Nest Farms
Crook Creek Farms

I like Scattered Acres as our land is also spread out (takes 80 miles to check every field). We farm in a town called Power, so maybe use that, but Power Farms is too easy and could offend others that farm in our town. We farm in an area called the Golden Triangle which is in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Most all our land is dryland (meaning not irrigated). Was thinking about CHP farms (Conrad, Harold, Phil...my ancestors), but that is also California Highway Patrol. I hope to open a brewery when I retire and may use the same name.

Any ides?

img_07221-25710.jpg

jim_s_pictures_014-18072.jpg

I'm sure it's crossed you're mind, but I think Golden Triangle Farms or Golden Triangle Foothills is beautiful sounding.
Haven't checked, but I assume those are taken as the Golden Triangle is a very large area and includes thousands of farms.

I like Scattered Acres
Guess I wasn't clear. That name is used by a neighbor. I listed it as a reference of a name I like.

Paragon Grains is also an example of a good name from a local farmer.

Piper Farms
Whistler Farms

Piper Creek Farms
Whistler Creek Farms
Whistle Creek Farms

Fifelee Farms
Fifelee Creek Farms

Pfeifle: South German: metonymic occupational name for a whistle player, from a diminutive of Middle High German pfīf(e) ‘pipe’, ‘whistle’.

Amber waves farms
Rocky Mountain Gold Farms
Golden Triangle Acres
Golden Triangle Farms
Golden Foothills Farms
Grainman Farms
Maltman farms

Fifelee Farms
Cascade or Teton Farms/acres, depending on which county you're in
Triticale Enterprises
Hordeum Farms/acres
Big Sky Farms
Barleypop Farms/acres
Staff of Life, Inc.
Plains of Plenty, Inc.
Many Bushels
Grain, Inc.

Just thought of another one:
Triticale & Hordeum Enterprises Farm (You could abbreviate it as T.H.E. Farm, or THE Farm.)
Regards, GF.

Trevor.

OK, I'm a little biased maybe, but I think Trevor is a great name for a farm.

I named my first house Brian the House, (true story) and that appreciated in value greatly after only a few years. It could work again!

If you want a more explicit name, Then maybe I would suggest "Trevor The Farm"

Cascade County Farms

Cascade Grains

Swabian Farms (from the ancestry of “Pfeifle”)

Medicine River Farms (another name for the Sun River)

Scots & Fife (don’t mean to assume, but online saw that you [your wife] have a connection to Scotland? ... plus the meaning of your last name)

Wheat & Fife

GrainPipe Farms (“pipe” another meaning for Pfeifle)

Fife & Drum (using a traditional wood beer keg for the logo)

Bitterroot Farms (the state flower)

Wow, you all are good. So many new ideas swimming in my head. Thanks for spending your time on this. Keep them coming. If I pick one ill send some wheat and/or barley. Harvest is starting soon, so I'm not going to have time until late september to actually get the corp started but I have lots to think about now.

Wow, you all are good. So many new ideas swimming in my head. Thanks for spending your time on this. Keep them coming. If I pick one ill send some wheat and/or barley. Harvest is starting soon, so I'm not going to have time until late september to actually get the corp started but I have lots to think about now.

Reading between the lines here, but you are not gonna call your farm Trevor, are you. :(

This might be too stupid (or too history-y) but what about Fifedom Farms. Fifedom being a play on the word "fiefdom"

I love LGI's suggestion -

Why do you have to call it xxxx Farm(s)? why not Trevor the Farm? - so different, yet so awesome. The addition of 'the Farm' makes it !

Trevor the Farm
IPA

Trevor the Farm
Amber

(for when you start the brewery)

just how different and cool is that?
say it a few times - it rolls off the tongue.

okay, never mind. I'm going to start my own farm and name it Trevor.
Thanks, LGI. I'll be sending you royalties.

I love LGI's suggestion -

Why do you have to call it xxxx Farm(s)? why not Trevor the Farm? - so different, yet so awesome. The addition of 'the Farm' makes it !

Trevor the Farm
IPA

Trevor the Farm
Amber

(for when you start the brewery)

just how different and cool is that?
say it a few times - it rolls off the tongue.

okay, never mind. I'm going to start my own farm and name it Trevor.
Thanks, LGI. I'll be sending you royalties.

I'm glad to see that you are getting it!!

I have a bit of a chub on now. :)

Edit: You may want to change the name a tad if you know that Trevor is my real life actual stupid name. :(

For some reason Trevor made me think of Tater. Maybe Tater Salad the Farm.

EIEIO inc would be hilarious see unfunny people try to pronounce.

aiptasia said:
Grainland
Barley Fife
Starlight Farms
Surreal Acres

I like the word Surreal and the idea of one descriptive word. May have to get out a thesaurus. Is there a word that means honor past and look to the future.

Otnasnom, inc.

Barley legal

Fife Universalis Farms (F.U. Farms)

HA, Otnasnom. Took me a bit to get that one.

FU would be awesome when I talk to my lawyer and banker. FU...no I wasn't cursing...just saying my farm name.

Back