Idea for Strong Summer Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeyuwp

Reaction score
Every year a bunch of friends and I get together and go camping towards the end of June. Next year I'd like to bring along a nice strong homebrew with good taste for summer to them. I was planning to brew it this fall and have it sit for the winter/spring to mellow out. Any ideas for an extract brew with grains? Even a recommendation for a type of beer to brew would be helpful. I was thinking something Belgian but I don't know.

a belgian wit might be good. 1 oz corriander and 1/4 oz orange zest in the brew will make it a pretty refreshing summer beer.

I don't have a recipe handy, but I'm sure someone here does. I plan on making one myself with in the next month or two and am just starting to piece together my recipe.

-walker

All of my Belgian Wit recipes aren't very high in alcohol but I do have an Amber that sits at 8.2% that I brew for our summer campout.

Wild

Back