Jalapeno pepper recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chetduggan

Reaction score
My neighbor gave me several jalapeno pepper plants and they're beginning to sprout. Got any suggestions for a jalapeno beer? Like to get the taste but not so much the heat.:confused:

My neighbor gave me several jalapeno pepper plants and they're beginning to sprout. Got any suggestions for a jalapeno beer? Like to get the taste but not so much the heat.:confused:

Clean out the seeds/guts of the peppers, they're what hold the heat the flesh of the pepper will give you the flavor without as much heat depending on how thoroughly you rinse it.

The heat from jalapenos (and all hot peppers) comes from the membrane on the inside of the flesh. Shave that off and you'll get flavor not heat. Sample every so often just so you get the flavor you want.

I made a jalapeño beer about a month ago. I cleaned 10 peppers and added them to 5gal american ale in the secondary for 7 days before kegging. The flavor and smell is there without the heat. Friends really are liking it.

Latest posts

Back