make shift mashing ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadbikerjosh

Reaction score
alright. well im mashing my grain as we speak. i have no mashtun, but i do have two brew pots. a 20 qt stainless steel pot and a 32 qt aluminum pot. the idea is to mash in the smaller pot with no grain bags or anything just like you normally would in a mashtun. to get the grain out im going to gently fish it al out with a wire mesh strainer. this should also kinda help get all the rest of the sugars out. well im hoping it will work. i need a garage..... :(

Wow! That sounds absolutely tedious, but so does the hybrid fly sparge technique I was just reading about. Good luck though. Sometimes the more effort put into it yields the most satisfying beer.

thanks justin. well it turned out perfect. i hit my target gravity right on the nose and it was amazing! this was actually the best brew ive ever done. well so far... as for "fishing" all the grain out, it only took me about 10 muinutes to get all 7 lbs of the grain out of the brew pot. happy brewing!

Latest posts

Back