O2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinnan5150

Reaction score
For those of you that aerate with a pump and O2 tank, where did you get your O2 tanks at? I just bought a pump from my LHBS and they told me I could get the pump at Home Depot. No dice. I also tried Lowes and Menards without any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you looking for an O2 tank or a pump? O2 tanks can be found in Lowes or Home Depot with the welding torch supplies. The cans I buy are red and made by Worthington (I think). You will need an O2 tank regulator to go with it. I bought mine from Williams Brewing.

That's what I did.. but, I put a want ad on Freecycle in my area. A guy responded that has a TON of a variety of tanks.. CO2, O2 and other gasses. He closed down his business but kept a lot of the equipment which he is selling individually. He had a number of E sized medical O2 tanks.. some with regulators. I bought one ( out of date) with a regulator that goes as low as 2L/min for $50 with 1500psi in it. I doubt I'll ever have to refill it.

If you live in my area.. I'll put you in touch with him.

O2 is under pressure - no need for a pump. The little red O2 tanks at the Home Depot and Lowe's type stores (look near welding, propane, MAPP gas, etc) work just fine - but you'll need a regulator, tubing and a very fine stone.

aeration_simplified1.jpg
40800.jpg

O2 is under pressure - no need for a pump. The little red O2 tanks at the Home Depot and Lowe's type stores (look near welding, propane, MAPP gas, etc) work just fine - but you'll need a regulator, tubing and a very fine stone.

aeration_simplified1.jpg
40800.jpg

Thanks for clarifying. I actually have the regulator and stone...I just called it the wrong thing. I appreciate the feedback!

Back