Best work trip ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrewtastic

Reaction score
This thread merits little discussion but I'm in such an awesome mood and it needed to be shared with my brewing homies.

I work for a large retailer in Texas and back in march I won a sales contest that resulted in a trip to Austin. I'm here now.

On my drive in from San Antonio I stopped at an Austin Specs to check out their beer selection as things can be harder to cone by in San Antonio. And what did I walk away with? Jester King Wytchmaker Rye IPA and their Black Metal, Rahr Snowmageddon imperial stout, Boulevard Saison Brett and Two Jokers.

I check into my hotel and the vendor who's paying for my trip is at the bar buying everyone else here drinks, and sure enough... Awesome beer selection including Live Oak Hefeweisen on tap. Then when I check in to my room there's a gift bag full of craft brews from here in Austin.

Freaking epik.

Jester King Black Metal is the bomb! I met the guys at the North Texas Beer Festival and sampled their brews - very nice coming from 3 home brewers (Lawyer, physicist, and I think a marketing guy) who decided to go into professional brewing. Here is Dallas I have only found ONE bottle of the Black Metal - always on the lookout for more. Guys said they are still real small and distribution is sketchy.

DD2000GT said:
Jester King Black Metal is the bomb! I met the guys at the North Texas Beer Festival and sampled their brews - very nice coming from 3 home brewers (Lawyer, physicist, and I think a marketing guy) who decided to go into professional brewing. Here is Dallas I have only found ONE bottle of the Black Metal - always on the lookout for more. Guys said they are still real small and distribution is sketchy.

Black metal is indeed awesome. I actually have little trouble finding it in San Antonio, but make a point of grabbing a bottle whenever I see one. My spidy sense tells me they're going to age really well.

Back