Noobie From SC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayenneman

Reaction score
Hey guys! First time caller. I bought a deluxe kegging system from More Beer a months ago in Japan but never opened it. I'm now back in the states and began my first batch a couple of weeks ago. I'm now ready to keg it this weekend but am confused after all the posts I've been reading. My instructions say to just transfer it to the keg but I've got a bag of corn sugar (I think) left over. What do I do with that? Also, do I filter it through a cheesecloth or something when I transfer it from my carboy to the keg? I'd appreciate any help.

OK, are you kegging with CO2? If so, the gas will carbonate the beer in the keg, therefore you won't need the priming sugar.

No straining will be needed if the beer is left in the primary (or secondary) long enough for all the nasties to settle out first. Just siphon from the top, above the trub sediment into the keg.

Back