Hailing from the Midwest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianlacy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
HEY EVERYBODY! ...Hey, Dr. Nick!!

My name is Ian, and I love beer. Here are a couple of things I think you all should know about me:

• I'm an electrical engineer by day and an artist, musician, photographer, and beer and craft spirit enthusiast by night. I sit on my rear from 7:30am to 5:30pm every weekday trying to make money so that I can spend it on one of the 'by night' activities above.

• I'm 27 years old and graduated from the University of Kansas (Rock Chalk) in 2008. I don't feel a day over 25, and I don't look a day over 19. People tell me that I'll appreciate this when I'm older, but we'll see.

• I have only brewed one beer by myself, the Superior Strong Ale kit from Midwest. It turned out really well - I aged some vanilla beans in Maker's 46 and added it to the secondary for about 4 weeks. The beer was complex and delicious, but lacked proper carbonation due to some rookie mistakes.

• I'm usually pretty witty and impossible to offend. If I weren't in 'work mode' right now (probably shouldn't be posting at work, anyhow), this introductory post would have been laced with jovial sarcasm.

• I should probably get back to work. Ha.

Anyhow, it's nice to finally be posting here. I've been trolling the forum for a while, learning a lot of stuff, and falling deeper into this passion. Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to interacting with y'all.

Cheers,

Ian L.

Back