CPVC manifold question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rl1373

Reaction score
So I built my manifold for my MLT out of CPVC. I started cutting slits in the bottom of the CPVC for draining with a hacksaw(PITA). I cant seem to get the slivers of plastic shavings off the inside of the pipe. I've soaked in hot water and used a hot brush with out any luck. Any suggestions?

Take a dowel rod or something equivalent and ream them out from the inside by quickly sliding the rod in and out. (That response was not intended to sound dirty)

Got a shotgun? A 20 gauge bore brush on a cleaning rod will do the trick quite nicely.

I rolled up a piece of sandpaper and passed it through. I also used a razor blade knife to clean up the slits before using the sandpaper.

Using a dowel or the shotgun cleaning kit is probaby better but I didnt have those.

just got my parts... $14 bucks may build this sunday. sorry to bring a thread back from zombie land but best place to post will post parts list & pics

I used a bunch of course pipe cleaners, it took quite a while to get it done. But it was worth it as I am still happy with the results even 2 yrs layer! Good luck!

If you buy a wood dowel that just fits inside the CPVC pipe and place it inside before you cut the slots there won't be many burrs when you remove the dowel.

Back