Cleveland international beer fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One week away! Just got vip hotel package for saturday night. Can't wait!

Anyone know how the tickets work if they are bought through the hotel? If you buy tickets online, they are for the specific session you are going to. I called the hotel and they had no clue. I guess they are vouchers good for any session? Wish I had the time/money to do all 3 sessions. :)

I was thinking of working the saturday morning session and getting a free ticket for next years event, then going to the saturday night session this year.

I wish my car wasn't wrecked,my sons mid pipe down. Damn. I'd love to take my wife (new brewer!) & older son to this event! I'm sure they'd love to try all those beers.

Yep. I got an email last night from them. I don't understand how they can advertise trying upwards of 800 beers with unlimited samples just like the GABF, then 4 days before the event after everyone spent a fortune on tickets, announce there's a limit on samples.

I had a feeling something like this would happen since it's a law in OH that you can't do unlimited samples at brewfests...just figured since it was so late in the game that they found a way around it.

Hopefully, they won't be strict about taking tickets. I'd rather have 1 oz pours so you can try more beers.

sorry for the dead link here is a copy of the email:
Thank you for purchasing a ticket to the International Beer Fest, the Largest Beer Fest in the Midwest.

By the request of the State of Ohio Department of Public Safety, the I-X Center was directed to clarify and quantify the tasting policy for the International Beer Fest, in Cleveland, Ohio. The I-X Center's number one concern is for the safety of all our patrons visiting our facility. For clarification purposes, please note the following NEW tasting amounts per session:

$45 (single-session General Admission ticket includes 30 tasting tickets for 2-ounce pours)

$75 (single-session VIP ticket includes 40 tasting tickets for 2-ounce pours)

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank in you in advance for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you to this great event, and are confident you will have a fantastic brew-tasting experience!

Further, we are pleased to announce we have added a new feature for both General Admission and VIP ticket holders: The Real Ale Bar. In this area, you will be able to sample "Real Ale" or cask conditioned beer that is unfiltered and unpasteurized so that you can experience its full flavor.

If you have any questions, feel free to call 216-265-PINT.

International Beer Fest Team

I-X Center

I went to the beer fest (forget the name) in downtown cleveland last year, at first they were hard core about collecting tickets but by the end of the night they could care less. At one point I found a sheet of blank label stickers and stuck them back to back and was using those as tickets. Only one person said anything :p

I think this is quite annoying. If it is 40 2oz samples that is a little steep given I paid 75 bucks for the vip ticket. The next week I'm going to the columbus beerfest and it is 25 5oz samples and I only paid 30 bucks.

Then again I agree that they will likely stop taking tickets.

They really need to change the laws here in Ohio about beer gatherings,festivals,transporting home brew. Not to mention,there's NO LAW on the books that specifically states that it's legal to make home brew. It pretty much says you need a license,etc to SELL it. I think the sampling law is just plain ignorant & self serving. All us home brewers & HB clubs in Ohio need to get together somehow to change these silly,antiquated laws.
Not to mention,I don't want to spend a minimum of $45 for 30 lousy 2oz (read double shooters) of beer. I wanna taste till I'm full,go eat some food that'll be there. Then,drain both legs,& go back to tastin my a$$ off!:tank::mug:

The pourers are just volunteers trying to get free tickets to next years fest. I'm betting not many will care about the tickets, I know I wouldn't. Especially since it was advertised as unlimited. If they do get all hardcore about it, I definitely won't be going back next year. This was a very expensive fest and being unlimited was the only thing that made it worth it in my mind.

Hmm, maybe I should volunteer just to see how it goes with the tickets. I could report here with what color tickets they are using and we could bring our own. :D

Back