Adding secondary regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rammit

Reaction score
I have a singe gauge regulator right now and in looking to add a second, can I remove the plug and screw in a nipple then run a hose to the secondary? Do I need to worry about the pressure seems like it would be more then vinyl hose can handle

I have a Micromatic so this is what I know about but I'm sure this applies to most any CO2 reg. The pass through port is a full pressure port so you wouldn't want to do that with a hose unless you are using the correct hardware which is probably pricey. However, they make a reverse thread nipple that some of the big online homebrew retailers sell that is about a 3" metal bar that connects the two together, this is pretty awkward on a 5lb tank so you will need a way to secure the tank or it will tip over.

I have a singe gauge regulator right now and in looking to add a second, can I remove the plug and screw in a nipple then run a hose to the secondary? Do I need to worry about the pressure seems like it would be more then vinyl hose can handle

I am confused.

Do you want to take your primary regulator (which has just one regulator on it?) and make it a dual regulator primary?

Do do you want to add a secondary regulator (with any where from one to three or four valves on it) that would be connected to the primary regulator via a hose. This would be your secondary regulator.

What do you want to do?

Mark

I would be fine with either, but from what I have heard so far is the regulators are threaded left hand on the high pressure out, and u can't just buy a 1/8npt nipple and bolt two regulators together. I now realize that the port on the left side of the regulator is way to much pressure for just a piece of vinyl hose to a secondary regulator.

So where can I get a stripped regulator with no gauges or any fittings on it?

Back