South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 19!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All payments are in! I'll get confirmation tomorrow from NCM and PM everyone after work tomorrow night!

Looks like Thursday the 25th is a go. I just walked in the door a few mins ago... gotta love moving! I'll PM everyone full details tomorrow around 9pm.

o hai, just subscribing because I have to pick up for someone.

If anyone else needs delivery in the Glen Mills, PA area (West Chester, PA/DE Border) let me know. I can bring it to you on Sunday.

Wonderful weather we're having has knocked out my cable/internet. We are still on for thursday but I can't get PMs out from my phone. I'll be up late packing so if comcast gets it's sheet together in time, I'll PM everyone tonight.

I'm not in on this buy, but I'll give DM a heads up about the pick up.

Also, since I work at the pick up spot I can grab stuff for anyone who lives near me. I'm in Sicklerville.

blip... we all owe you big time! Maybe some homebrews for the guys over at DM for hooking us up?

The delivery date has been set for Thursday, August 25th at 7:30pm!
(RAIN will be the only cause for a change so please check the forum BEFORE going to the pickup location!)
7905 North Route 130
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

When arriving at the pickup location, please park in the WHITE parking lot furthest away from the building. Stay to your left when pulling in from the front or to your right if coming in from the back.
If you have any questions 856-313-xxxx

Whenever possible, please try to carpool or pick up for fellow brewers. We have to try to limit the amount of people hanging around the parking lot before and after the grain has been sorted.

If you are splitting grain, please bring buckets/bags for your split and a scale if you want to be spot on. Home Buckets are the most commonly used bucket so its easier to eye up your splits.

If you can not make it to the pickup that day, please make arrangements with someone to hold your grain for you.

Yes, Thursday is good no matter what because the meeting is Thursday morning when we have it. But it's a moot point because we found out yesterday afternoon that we weren't up this week. Good to go!

I work Thursday night. If someone can pick up for me, I can pick up on my way home from work on Friday morning around 8-9 AM.

It look like the rain is moving into the morning so we should still be good for thursday night. If there is any change, i'll PM everyone.

Martin2D said:
I work Thursday night. If someone can pick up for me, I can pick up on my way home from work on Friday morning around 8-9 AM.

I can grab it for you. You can pick it up at the same spot Friday morning. How much are you getting?

anyone around the Marlton area gonna be at the pickup that can hold my 2 sacks?

my backup plan is Evan but he lives over 20 miles from my house

Bag of pils, optic, and 1/2 munich. It would be much appreciated if you could!

no problem. I don't have a bucket free. Can you make sure whoever you're splitting with has a bucket for the 1/2 of munich so i can just grab the sack?

I'll PM you my number, just call me Friday morning and you can meet me in the normal pick up spot since I work there.

anyone around the Marlton area gonna be at the pickup that can hold my 2 sacks?

my backup plan is Evan but he lives over 20 miles from my house

I could hold it for you if you would be able to grab it from me Friday sometime in the morning.

Unfortunately, heavy rain storms have moved in to our pickup date tomorrow. We will need to move it to the following Monday. The time and location will be the same.

THE NEW PICKUP DATE IS MONDAY AUGUST 29TH!!

Sorry if this has caused an inconvenience. I know some of you are traveling pretty far to get your grain. If anyone needs me to hold their grain, please let me know!

See everyone on MONDAY!

Crap. I cannot make the new pickup time as I have a best of 3 softball championship (all in the same night).

drewdude, any chance you could grab my bags and I could pick them up from you later that night? I see you are in Quakertown...my softball is in Warrington.

Brewing question - I'm getting BZ-MUNH (light Munich) and CM-WHET (White Wheat). Does you guys know if I should assume German malts are not fully modified? I'm trying to figure out if I want to have a protein rest or not.

In for the next round, or if someone can't pick up a sack of 2-row, just let me know and I will pay you for it and am available for pick up night.

OLDBREW said:
not all the BZ malz types are well or highly modified. their site has the info in general on the malt type analysis.

NCM has the lot analysis sheets if you need them jeff can ask for them. the munich is well modified. with a kolbach index of 40 or over

http://www.bestmalz.de/en/malt/malt-type-munich-malt.htm

http://www.bestmalz.de/en/malt/malt-types.htm

After reading this, I've researched more on nitrogen ratio / kolbach index and feel better about leaving out a rest. Thanks for the info!!

I can get you analysis sheets if you need them. Just PM me your email address and i'll have them sent to you.

Another quick and easy group buy! I'm setting up my new house so the next GB wont start until saturday.

Thanks to everyone who made it out!

Thank you Jeff. You somehow always make these buys run so smoothly, which I know is not a small task. Keep up the great work.

Looking forward to checking out the new crib.

Back