She's got LEGS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheesefood said:
Thanks for killing my thread.
I dunno Cheese. Ya mighta gotten a few more responses than otherwise.

That extension kit looks like it'll help a lot. I have to stack my banjo on top of a piece of plywodd, on top of a milk crate to get enough siphon power.

I'd love one of those stir paddles....maybe I'll wait for free shipping...yeah right...

I'm sure it will help. The siphon is really important when you don't have a pump. As soon as you get past the valve, you're pretty much screwed unless you have gravity working for you.

I think it was a good move and one that I'm planning to make on my burner shortly.

Seems to me those pics were a breath of life, not the kiss of death. ;)

OK now, back on topic. I think the leg extenders are a great idea. I also have the same paddle, but I picked it up at Home Depot. I drilled several 1" holes in it. I thought it might help mix the mash better, kind of like this one.

3952.jpg

Happy now? :)

Lil' Sparky said:
Seems to me those pics were a breath of life, not the kiss of death. ;)

OK now, back on topic. I think the leg extenders are a great idea. I also have the same paddle, but I picked it up at Home Depot. I drilled several 1" holes in it. I thought it might help mix the mash better, kind of like this one.

3952.jpg

Happy now? :)

Great idea on the paddle. I just might do that. Did you re-varnish it after cutting it?

No. I just used some sand paper to smooth it out. It didn't have any varnish on it to begin with. I think some food grade lemon based oil might be OK, but I wouldn't put varnish on it.

Dammnit!

The legs just showed up, and they won't fit. Now I have to find out how to return them, and the customer service is terrible. I've e-mailed them twice, and haven't received a reply either time.

The paddle is cool though. Burley as hell. I need to drill it out now.

BierMuncher said:
That sucks. I hate it when as-advertised ends up being wrong.

Tell em you're gonna come up to their office and show them another use for that paddle.

We'll see if they call back. At worse, I'm only out $15.

Latest posts

Back