Making Homebrew legal in Alabama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVqnUf8NH6g&feature=player_embedded#at=239

I'm not judging the entire state of Alabama based on this short video of their legislature, but wow. I mean, wow!
These are elected officials. Someone voted these people into office. I believe this is why the south still has that stereotype of being slow, ignorant, uneducated people. If the elected officials are this ignorant then... well I dunno. Wow I am shocked.

So to the many fine, smart, well read people that live in areas like this all I have to ask you is this, why? If my local government was this idiotic, and we were powerless to change it within a few elections then I'm moving to an area that truly represents me. Which is what I'm kinda getting at. Do these politicians REALLY represent their districts? Really?! If I walk the streets of these districts I can legitimately expect that a majority of people I talk to will be against homebrewing? They really think "that an under age person would be able to just talk to someone into brewing up to 100 gallons of beer for them"? Really?
If these politicians are trying to preserve the lifestyle in their areas then good, if that is indeed what their people want. I just have a hard time understanding it. Especially in these United States.
Rant over.

I lied about this rant being over.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!?!!!????

Alvin Holmes of Alabama, you are the most ignorant politician I have ever listened to.

"What's wrong with the beer we got? It drink pretty good donit?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it necessary to have 5 threads on the EXACT same topic. I mean there are now 3 on the 1st page of "General beer discussion" I mean WTF ???

Is it necessary to have 5 threads on the EXACT same topic. I mean there are now 3 on the 1st page of "General beer discussion" I mean WTF ???

Well this is the oldest thread of the 3, which is why I posted my comments here. Go bash somewhere else or simply stop contributing to the threads that are bugging you, thereby keeping them relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZoTJzh13n8

Alvin Holmes of Alabama, you are the most ignorant politician I have ever listened to.

I'm not sure if I'm frightened or saddened by the ignorance and stupidity of this man.

I'm ain't no genius, but I sure dose feeel lik 1 next to dhis Alvin Holmes guy!!!!

Makes Weiner seem like frickin' Einstein!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZoTJzh13n8

Haha, when talking about the Free the Hops organization they said "They are young people who came in from like Germany, in there Mercedes" Wow these people don't research anything they talk about do they?

Back