free shipping on 50lbs bag alert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polboy

Reaction score
I just got an email about cybermonday promo from one of the homebrewing online stores, its free shipping today till midnight, didint seems like big deal at the beginning but some ordered some oak spirales, then i decided to check if it works for bigger orders and yes its still showing free shipping on 50 (or55lbs) 2row bag at the checkout, price to your door $38. Im not ordering from them as i still have 80lbs but normally i would for sure, i hope its not a mistake on their side.
Im not sure i can provide the name fo the store here but they are from Elkhart Indiana so you can look the up

It's not going to fly, a bag of grain definitely qualifies as a "large volume" order. Just because it checks out doesn't mean that you're going to get it.

Anyway its not exactly honest behavior. Why would you want to take advantage of a small business like that... it would cost them $40 just to ship me the thing.

cciszew said:
I just got an email about cybermonday promo from one of the homebrewing online stores, its free shipping today till midnight, didint seems like big deal at the beginning but some ordered some oak spirales, then i decided to check if it works for bigger orders and yes its still showing free shipping on 50 (or55lbs) 2row bag at the checkout, price to your door $38. Im not ordering from them as i still have 80lbs but normally i would for sure, i hope its not a mistake on their side.
Im not sure i can provide the name fo the store here but they are from Elkhart Indiana so you can look the up

Their free shipping promotion did apply to bags of bulk grain. My bag of 2 row is on the way. It took them a few days to ship my items because they were inundated with orders from their black Friday promotion. All in all, it sounds like their promotion was a huge success.

bugger... missed out on this one. please, for the love of all that is good, someone please open up a LHBS in Augusta and sell 50 lb sacks.

Their free shipping promotion did apply to bags of bulk grain. My bag of 2 row is on the way. It took them a few days to ship my items because they were inundated with orders from their black Friday promotion. All in all, it sounds like their promotion was a huge success.

Cool, im glad it worked for you

...Anyway its not exactly honest behavior. Why would you want to take advantage of a small business like that... it would cost them $40 just to ship me the thing.
I dont see anything dishonest about it, if someone bother to make promotion like that i think they want people to use it rather than dont (the worst can happened is a cancellation email) . I dont know their price structure but even if they dont make money on promotions like that their main goal is to increase customer base and move inventory before the year end.

cciszew said:

Since I live in the Elkhart area I visit this place quite often! Great place with a very helpful staff. Would recommend.

Back