how do you guys come up with names for your homebrews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO named the last one I gave here a taste from the hydro sample .... She looked at me wrinkled he nose and said . "Did you put the coals from the fire in it?!

So the smoked porter has been named " Coal Porter"

I name my beers after my dog and the silly crap she does that i love so much. She does this smiling thing when she first sees us, hence Smiling Dog Brewery. PeaPye Pale Ale, Straight-Leg Stout, and Nutless Brown Ale are the first three. Carolina Cream Ale was the odd man out - named after the 2009 NCAA Men's Basketball Champs. Next up - Tripel Dog Dare and Double Dog Dare (DIPA) along with Bow Wow Barrrrghley Wine.

A lone time ago, when I first started brewing I thought of a great name for a brewery. Black Diamond Brewery. It seemed to be appropriate because the are some mines here named Black Diamond Mines. A few friends and I were home brewers and we all had our own names. Then one day one of my friends comes to work and tells me that a new brew pub was opening called... you guessed it Black Diamond Brewery. That totally ruined it for me. Haven't been able to come up with anything since.

Latest posts

Back