Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you made a fan out of me. These guys are pretty good. They have now been placed on my Amazon.com list.

Haha, didnt believe it, so i checked it out.
Mp3's of their albums, wonder if it's been Ok'd with the band, seeing as they dont have a website/myspace/whatever, dont promote themselves or anything. Straight up anti corporate DIY! :rockin:

Haha, didnt believe it, so i checked it out.
Mp3's of their albums, wonder if it's been Ok'd with the band, seeing as they dont have a website/myspace/whatever, dont promote themselves or anything. Straight up anti corporate DIY! :rockin:

I always just search the used CDs. The band doesn't have to approve of that.

I always just search the used CDs. The band doesn't have to approve of that.

Ah, I just did a quick search and found the Mp3s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found out Face To Face got back together and even released a new record last week. Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't see them.. but here is a really obscure one.

I worked with a guy at a tv station. Named Ryan Hagerty. He came over to my place and brought his guitar and marshall half stack over. I fired up my Emulators, Oberheim OB-8 and TS-10 then jammed for hours. Turned out he was in a band in Philly before moving to CA.

Down Division.

Song is called Fly Paper. Not too bad.
http://www.myspace.com/downdivisionphilly/music

I have a CD as well. I could probably share.

didn't see them.. but here is a really obscure one.

I worked with a guy at a tv station. Named Ryan Hagerty. He came over to my place and brought his guitar and marshall half stack over. I fired up my Emulators, Oberheim OB-8 and TS-10 then jammed for hours. Turned out he was in a band in Philly before moving to CA.

Down Division.

Song is called Fly Paper. Not too bad.
http://www.myspace.com/downdivisionphilly/music

Nice. I'm getting the itch to jam again. I took a break from bands for the past 2.5 years. I'm getting antsy about writing and playing again.

Nice. I'm getting the itch to jam again. I took a break from bands for the past 2.5 years. I'm getting antsy about writing and playing again.

me too.
I sold all of my analog gear and my Emulators to pay off debt.
I wish I kept my Emulators --- but I found a collector that wanted them and had Ca$h. My E-1 was previously owned by Daryl Dragon. My E-II was used on tour with Peter Gabriel.

I still have my TS, all my samples ( converted to EXS and Akai ) and my Logic studio rig. I have a 5 string bass and a Kramer Beretta in storage as well.

someday.

I just found out Face To Face got back together and even released a new record last week. Awesome.

They got back together a while ago. Saw them with Pegboy several months back. Also, saw them last weekend with Strung Out.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A-aqhSE8U5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.thepostgame.com/lifestyle/201105/john-elway-sounds-sour-note-about-band-same-name

John Elway Sounds A Sour Note About Band With Same Name
Friday, May 27, 2011 3:12 pm
Written by: Max Thompson

With the NFL lockout in full swing, John Elway must really be bored.

Somehow Elway -- the Denver Broncos vice president and Hall-of-Fame quarterback -- became aware of the Fort Collins, Colo., punk band "Elway," and decided he's just not cool with the group using his surname.

The Broncos legend’s lawyer has requested that the band change its name, but stopped short of suing or issuing a cease and desist order.

The band, to its credit, was mostly amused. In a statement released via punknews.org, the band acknowledged the letter and suggested Elway had better things to do in the wake of the Broncos' disastrous 2010 season.

"We have no intention of changing the name again. We love the name, regardless of what connotations are inferred by the listener. Surely, if the Dead Kennedys could become one of punk's most popular bands without incurring litigation, Elway can keep their moniker and continue making so-so music for our dozens of fans to enjoy."

Score a point for Elway -- the band, that is. And now the group has now received more press than it ever would have had Elway minded his own business. There have to be quite a few people perusing the band's MySpace site, rocking out to songs like "Wolf Shirt," which to be honest, isn't a bad little jam.

Anyway, it's better than anything Elway or his team have produced in the last year. Maybe he's jealous.

Any of you guys remember the Penelope Spheeris documentary, The Decline of Western Civilization? From around '80/81. Never been released on DVD so far as I know. Featured Black Flag, X, Circle Jerks, Fear, Germs, and some more that I've forgotten. I used to have it on beta, but that's long gone.

Any of you guys remember the Penelope Spheeris documentary, The Decline of Western Civilization? From around '80/81. Never been released on DVD so far as I know. Featured Black Flag, X, Circle Jerks, Fear, Germs, and some more that I've forgotten. I used to have it on beta, but that's long gone.

I remember it, but I don't have a copy of it. I'll have to see if I can find a copy.

BTW, me and one of my coworkers just started working on a punk cover of "Believe" by Cher. :D

This is going to be Awesome when we record it for real.

How could you forget Crass? Steve is finishing up (if he hasn't already) his "last" tour playing Crass. Good stuff though. Wish I could have gone to ATL to catch the show.

Haha, Rebecca Black just sent me a hate comment on the punk version of Friday that I recorded. There is a huge middle finger and then "love, Rebecca".

:D Oh the irony! I'm cracking up over here.

I'm tracking drums, guitar and MAYBE bass and vocals today for that Cher cover I was talking about. Good times shall be had by all.

I don't know what made my morning more, Cher, Rebecca, or rebeccas "response".

Haha, Rebecca Black just sent me a hate comment on the punk version of Friday that I recorded. There is a huge middle finger and then "love, Rebecca".

:D Oh the irony! I'm cracking up over here.

that song works surprising well as a punk song, well done hahaha:rockin:

Social Distortion.

Every time they play a show around here it's like $50 and sells out immediately.

I can always go for The Business, Sham 69, Angelic Upstarts, Cockney Rejects on the one hand, Agnostic Front, Madball, Warzone, Murphy's Law, Sick of it All, Cro-Mags and such on the other.

Every time they play a show around here it's like $50 and sells out immediately.

I can always go for The Business, Sham 69, Angelic Upstarts, Cockney Rejects on the one hand, Agnostic Front, Madball, Warzone, Murphy's Law, Sick of it All, Cro-Mags and such on the other.

Good list.

BTW, heads up for everyone: Me and a couple of coworkers will be tracking a punk version of Poker Face tomorrow. I'm not sure when I'll mix it and upload it to youtube, but it should be shortly after. I'll post it here when it's done.

Mine are:
Minor Threat
The Exploited
Cramps
Eye for an Eye
Kingpin
Sick of it all
Circle Jerks
Decendents
Social Distortion
Seven Seconds
Slapshot