Deadliest Catch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the show about the boat load of guys who catch crabs?

Or the one about Alaskan crab fishermen?

I don't get to watch that show anymore since I got rid of cable. Pretty good show though.

It's a great show. Good first episode. I kinda hope that the kid in the Mavrick has trouble finding good crab. He was a little full of himself last season and needs to get knocked down a peg or two.

Love it. It's what reality tv should be. I'm not a big fan of Blake, either, but I do hope they catch crab just for the sake of the crew. I did some work on a fishing boat in NC one summer and it ain't fun (and it was nothing like what they're doing).

Baron von BeeGee said:
but I do hope they catch crab just for the sake of the crew.

Yeah, me too. I just like to see a little mock mutiny prior to him pulling it out:p

Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs are about the only two shows I actually plan to watch.

used to watch it and like it...Then my roommate bought a nice big flat screen HDTV. Now i dont watch anything but HD programming. Life is ruff.

I enjoy watching OTHER people catching crabs. I never was a big fan of that little comb...

great show last night Blake is a punk, but seams as though he has a good season from what the commercials looked like.

I love that show, but it freaks me out. Going overboard in the middle of the night in 35 degree water does not sound like a good time to me.

How they get away with that? I've worked jobs where the safety regulations are so strict you can barely do anything. Then I see this show where guys are running around in rubber boots on the icy decks of a rocky boat with 800lb boxes and heavy ropes flying around everywhere. Do OSHA standards not apply off the coast of Alaska?

everybody went fishing, the Guy last year that was supposed to be made Captain finaly was and now he cant figure out WTF to do and a boat that they dont follow sunk, only 1 person survived

robnog said:
How they get away with that? I've worked jobs where the safety regulations are so strict you can barely do anything. Then I see this show where guys are running around in rubber boots on the icy decks of a rocky boat with 800lb boxes and heavy ropes flying around everywhere. Do OSHA standards not apply off the coast of Alaska?

You like crab, right? It's as safe as it can get, but it has it's dangers. I do wonder how they don't freeze to death. I've been out in 40 below, but I don't make it a habit, nor do I stay out there very long. My limit is about 10 below if I'm gonna be there a while. Those guys earn every dime that comes to them...

local Buffalo station 103.3 edge Shredd and Regan commented on this show. "it would suck to be there the day discovery channel hands out the camera assignments....Bob you get to film trading spaces on location, biff you get to film myth busters in studio, and stan, you get a crab boat in the arctic. Better pack a lifejacket, you never know when you might get tossed overboard."

Back