Anyone using the stainless QDs from bargainfittings.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideshow_ben

Reaction score
Hi all. I want to add a bunch of Quick Disconnects to my system and found the stainless type usually used on air lines at http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=51_55 These are being sold at half the price (or less) of competitors, which is a super bargain. I hate to sound like a question a seller who has a great reputation (because they do) but this also seems too good to be true.

Has anyone used them?

(Also, are they really stainless, or just plated stainless?)

I've used bargain fittings multiple times, great rates and pretty fast shipping every time I've used them. Can't speak for the quick disconnects, but all the stainless parts I've ordered is full stainless.

They are workable disconnects for sure but keep in mind that there is no cross-vendor compatibility on that particular style of disconnects. In other words, they won't work with Morebeer's or whoever else decides to sell them. A side issue is that the ID of the males and hose barb parts are pretty small (smaller than 3/8"). If you don't feel that high flow components are all that important than that is a non issue. I thought about selling those QDs and just decided the camlocks were more practical for universal compatibility, high flow, and price. If you do go the QD route, buy a lot of extras so that you don't get stuck.

Just got this from the owner:

"Hello Ben,

They are 304 stainless steel fittings. No brass or chrome in them.

Thanks,
Wayne
Bargain Fittings"

I have 12 or more males and 8 female QDs from Bargain Fittings. They all work fine. No leaks. Easy operation. No flow problems with my Chugged pumps. I did use the full 1/2" ID hose barbs from Bobby M on the pump inlets.

I highly recommend Bargain Fittings. I ordered a bunch of parts from them on Friday with standard shipping ($5) and they were at my house before 8am today (TX to MI). Unreal

Back