Post Number 1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerinBR

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For post 1000 I thought it appropriate to pause and reflect.

I brewed batch 1 on 27 DEC 2010 a Mr Beer kit. I was not impressed.
Batch 2 was in February of 2011. That is how long it took me to build a 3 gallon all grain system. I also joined in Feb. 2011. Batch 3 was my first left over batch. Left over grain from batch 2 and left over extract from the Mr. Beer kit was a brown ale... very nice. I actually drank batch 3 before batch 2. Batch 2 was a black lager and I actually allowed it to age 30 days after I fermented it for 30 days. Michigan cold weather helped. It was a good beer.

Friday the 18 Jan 2013 I bottled batch number 58 an Oatmeal Stout a recipe I have brewed so many times the brew sheets look like photo copies. Today I brewed batch 63 another left over. (Every 4 to 5 months I go through the grain bins and use up all the grain more then 5 months old and throw it into a brew and use up what ever yeast I have on hand.)

So today I while brewing I looked back at my brew sheets I have them all the way back to batch 4 (1,2,3 are lost???). Batch 4 I did my first starter. Batch 12 I did my first water adjustment. These brew sheets fill a 2 inch 3 ring binder. I have been brewing for about 750 days and brewed 63 batches (1 about every 11 days) and bottled 58 batches (I bottle every thing) about 1 batch every 12 days.

In those 750 days I built then expanded the brew room. Moved to 5 gallons and then upgraded and replaced all of my equipment. Developed my own brew sheets and spreadsheets to plan my brew days. Learned about water, yeast, barely and oats. I have met and talked to and brewed with some of the best and nicest people.

I am positive the next 1000 posts are going to bring me more of the same!

What a trip.

Thanks!!!

George

Latest posts

Back