Who is brewing on Long Island?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Thank you for your service, John. CG doesn’t always get the props they deserve. And yeah, those bottles of beer are a thing to behold. Darn, I wish I had time to go to the brewery today, well, if the weather holds off. :)

^^^ Thank you for your service, John. CG doesn’t always get the props they deserve. And yeah, those bottles of beer are a thing to behold. Darn, I wish I had time to go to the brewery today, well, if the weather holds off. :)

Thank you. I loved being a Coast Guardsman. I only left because the cops offered better pay and better hours.

Very Cool. Curious to try and see what 100yr old yeast can do. Two weeks back I was reading Terry Foster's book, "Brewing Porters & Stouts" and he had written about Darwin Brewery in England and a Porter they had made with 19th Century Yeast cultured from bottles they recovered from a shipwreck. Cool concept.

4C0610A9-3BFD-4FE8-BCE4-DF8DF8DAB51B.jpeg

Located in Lindenhurst near the train station.
65020287-5C5A-4B88-BAAB-AFFD0CAFECFF.jpeg

Braggot collaboration with DUBCO
8156B66D-65F3-465D-9805-7DBC281F8D2C.jpeg

Mead flight 5 out of 15.

Good almost evening, sorry for the short notice to let everyone know Brewer’s East End Revival is meeting tonight at Spiderbite in Holbrook @ 7:30. Come by around 7 grab a beer and chat. Meetings are free and open to all.

One of these day's I'll get there. Last week he sold me some Glacier and Mosaic hops for 2.99 an ounce and lactose for under $5 a pound I thought those were good prices.

So what are you guy's doing for CO2, I usually use LI Soda systems on North Ocean Ave in Patchogue but I am at my wits end with them first they took 2 tanks of mine with 2+ years left on them on exchange for some LONG expired ones I did not notice until I went to get them filled at the Paint ball place and they showed me and now it seems like they are open maybe 10 hours a week I just left them and it's closed I have had this happen several times with them even though their hours say they are open, it's quite frustrating not knowing if I will be getting my CO2 or not. I am in the Middle Island area and would love to find a reliable place to fill my tanks and possibly get the expired ones recertified - Thanks

So what are you guy's doing for CO2, I usually use LI Soda systems on North Ocean Ave in Patchogue but I am at my wits end with them first they took 2 tanks of mine with 2+ years left on them on exchange for some LONG expired ones I did not notice until I went to get them filled at the Paint ball place and they showed me and now it seems like they are open maybe 10 hours a week I just left them and it's closed I have had this happen several times with them even though their hours say they are open, it's quite frustrating not knowing if I will be getting my CO2 or not. I am in the Middle Island area and would love to find a reliable place to fill my tanks and possibly get the expired ones recertified - Thanks

I have been going to LI soda systems for my last two fills with no issues. The hours online don't say it but they told me they were open Saturday mornings now and that's when i went. they definitely didn't open on time though, I had to go in around lunch time and they were there. This was on main street though, not north ocean, you might have just had the wrong road.

I have been going to LI soda systems for my last two fills with no issues. The hours online don't say it but they told me they were open Saturday mornings now and that's when i went. they definitely didn't open on time though, I had to go in around lunch time and they were there. This was on main street though, not north ocean, you might have just had the wrong road.

Yea they started opening on Saturday like 5 or 6 months ago I think, it was supposed to have been from 10-3 and it's not I got there at 11 last Saturday and they were closing but she did open back up to get me a tank. And other times I have gone at 12 and they are closed already, I wish they were reliable they are only 10 minutes from me.

I go to the North Ocean Ave location it's in a group of little stores the Ice cream guy is on the other side of them. I wonder if they have more than 1 location? Yup just googled it, looks like they have another one by Brew and Beyond I will 100% have to check that out maybe I am just going to a satellite location

Thanks BeerFst

I last went to a welding shop on Vet’s because they gave a club discount, my jaw dropped a little a 5# and a 2.5 was over $40. Apparently there was a charge to fill each tank the actual gas wasn’t that bad. The small talk was nearly the same cost as the larger one... live and learn.

33D5E087-6866-4B9E-B805-01640EA771B4.jpeg

The event is being held at GSB the awards will be given around 6PM and is open to public. There will also be a raffle of prize bags with brewing and beer goodies. Buy a minimum of $5 in Raffle tickets and get a free ticket for up to 5 items donated to the drive. If you happen to be judging or stewarding or just want to stop in to congratulate the winners and make a donation, I’ll see you there!

Last minute... Brewer’s East End Revival (BEER) is meeting at Squarehead in Holbrook tonight @7:30. Meetings are open and it’s free to attend.

Just tried WA Meadworks in Lindenhurst- Incredible that’s the word that comes to mind. I never had mead before in my life but it was almost like finding out you’ve missed out on pizza decade after decade. I had 10 different meads every single one had bragging rights my 2 favorites were the bourbon barrel mead and the cherry vanilla.

Me and the wife stopped by the Restoration Kitchen before hand it’s a non for profit restaurant that lets you pick 1 of 2 charities the profit of your meal goes to, this place had very good food no bs and all 6 taps were local and it’s less than a minute away from the Meadery.

These 2 places paired together for a great afternoon but I have to recommend everyone hits this Meadery before you can’t get a seat in the place!!!

PS I have no clue why the guy in the background looks like a demon he was a white dude with a beard pretty creepy

58058829218__F7B755D2-9415-493B-9312-6B1E0364CC43.JPG

There will be a friendly club competition there in August. Fifteen or so meads the winner’s recipe will be made at the Meadworks. When I know the particulars I’ll update. Good excuse to visit, is it not?

The day ending in Y is a good excuse

I’m already thinking I may have to get into the mead game
The wife is telling me I don’t need another hobby

Cinnamon vanilla mead done bourbon barrel just sounds so good though

The day ending in Y is a good excuse

I’m already thinking I may have to get into the mead game
The wife is telling me I don’t need another hobby

Cinnamon vanilla mead done bourbon barrel just sounds so good though
I made mead before I started brewing beer. It all goes together. :) And, you have the equipment you need already most likely.

Nice to know highest taxes worst water and it’s PFOA so we can than DuPont

I’m going to enjoy my poisoned NEIPA while I figure this out

Shoot now I know the secret ingredient that is making my homebrew so tasty. Checked my district water report and sure enough average level of this 1,4-dioxane is 10 ppb (high of 34 ppb) vs what these guys claim is EPA threshold for concern of 0.35 ppb. Oddly Suffolk County labels this level as not a violation.

Shoot now I know the secret ingredient that is making my homebrew so tasty. Checked my district water report and sure enough average level of this 1,4-dioxane is 10 ppb (high of 34 ppb) vs what these guys claim is EPA threshold for concern of 0.35 ppb. Oddly Suffolk County labels this level as not a violation.
Yea somebody got an envelope

Well, Ballone is pushing for sewers and curtailing cesspools in Suffolk, and that could be why this report was published and may not match up with the water report. I checked mine two “violations” iron and magnesium. About a dozen pharmaceuticals, though including ibuprofen, why am I so achy? :p

*edit- NYC has better water quality according to the report. Open reservoirs less contaminated than ground water?

Last edited:
E638A112-CA62-46A5-A16E-B6B6189CFA1A.jpeg

Whales Ales and Salty Tales. All three LI home brew clubs were present and pouring. This was a good event yesterday, pretty laid back and was sold out! Even with a sold out crowd there was room to move around.

Last edited:
Blind Bat Brewery of Centerport has been doing soft open weekends and another one this weekend. It’s not the typical tasting room, it is more of a bistro, but if you just want a brew that’s okay. Also offering growler fills. The place is small and can get crowded fast.

B.E.E.R. Is meeting in Lindenhurst 7/15 all are welcome to attend.
A4E5D1E8-822A-4C00-9C0A-5A1C22F1DC0D.jpeg

Also a mead “throw down” on Mead Day 8/3
C7FF443C-142B-40D4-B714-F9DFE3DDE17C.jpeg

This is a paid event tickets are available on Facebook. It’s all down hill to the weekend from here.

In addition to the meadfest, there is a pay as you go beer event all at the Gazebo on Wellwood Ave. tomorrow as well.
Temps are in the 70s and overcast, but it looks like not much chance of rain.

Anyone going to Spiderbite’s anniversary celebration? I’m not, staying home and bottling a Christmas saison. I’ll be corking some Belgian style for gifting.

Back