No Beer Until Sat July 28th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffoC6

Reaction score
I haven't had a beer (or any drink for that matter) since Wed, July 11th, and I won't be having any until Saturday the 28th.

We're heading down to Delaware for vacation (fiance, brother, sister-in-law, and parents) on August 4th. My Dad and I are having a weight loss competition, that we agreed on on May 31st. The competition is as follows:

I had to drop 21 pounds (from 196 to 175) by Saturday July 28th.
He had to drop 15 pounds (from 200 to 185) by Saturday July 28th.

A little background. He's a 64 year old dude in relatively fine shape, and I'm 33.

The bet is that if he achieves his goal, and I don't achieve mine, I have to wash, wax, vacuum, and detail his car and my mom's car. If I meet my goal and he doesn't meet his, he has to wash, wax, vacuum, and detail my car and my fiance's car. If we both meet our goal, we both get ripped on homebrew. If neither of us meet our goal, we both have to make a dinner of choice for my fiance, mother, brother, and sister-in-law, while him and I eat boiled cabbage and watch.

Because I was procrastinating, I'm only at 179.6 with 9 days to go. I know I can achieve my goal, but beer is NOT in the cards for me :/ It's been tough...Very tough. The light at the end of the tunnel is the fact that I'll be 11 miles away from the DFH Brew Pub in Rehoboth Beach DE. A fine reward for my efforts...I hope.

Well, either you'll go to DFH to celebrate or commiserate. I've been trying to break 170 for about three months, much better than 205 where I started, but my body is not happy with going any further.

Well, either you'll go to DFH to celebrate or commiserate. I've been trying to break 170 for about three months, much better than 205 where I started, but my body is not happy with going any further.

Glad bag, heat on in the summertime, and a treadmill. You'll get there :)

Back