What a Mess - I Feel Silly...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
...but the supplier who I got the kegging stuff is also partly to blame. :drunk:

I'm new to this whole kegging thing...so when they sent me a bunch of tiny post O-rings with my order, all of them black, all mixed in the same bag, I figured they were all post O-rings. So I grabbed one of them and slipped it onto the liquid post.

Went to hook up my porter in the fridge last night, and ended with beer leaking from the liquid post all over the fridge and the floor. The post was "new" from kegconnection, but it was obviously used, and it was my first time using it, so I thought it was a defective post. Upon further inspection, it appeared that the new black ring that I just put on there was smaller than the one on the gas post. I went back to the bag of rings, and lo and behold, there are 2 sizes. These guys knew I was a n00b, why would they do that? They look almost exactly alike...I guess the smaller ones go on the connection where the regulator meets the co2 tank? Live and learn, I guess...but they really should not put all those rings together, because the smaller ones DO fit. At least make them different colors or something! Anyway, what a mess. I didn't lose but maybe a couple ounces of beer, and everything is fine now. Oh, and the smoked porter is pure deliciousness.

I noticed that some rebuild kits are different, in one the dip tube o-rings were flat, making it easier to tell where they went. The last rebuild kit they were all round like the post o-rings, so it's a little tougher to tell.

Silly is ....

sanitizing the out post on a charged keg and deciding that you want to get some sanitizer in the pin groove. Ya know... right in the groove, maybe a little under the groove.

*SQUIRT*

Every time I rebuild a keg, I end up tossing one of the post o-rings in the tool box. I purchased a bunch of red o-rings for the gas posts. So, black connector-black ring. Red is grey & yellow, white.

Don't feel so bad, pretty much every time I put the serving line post on a keg (cobra-head picnic taps for now) the tap is in the open position and I end up spraying beer all over the place.

olllllo said:
Silly is ....

sanitizing the out post on a charged keg and deciding that you want to get some sanitizer in the pin groove. Ya know... right in the groove, maybe a little under the groove.

*SQUIRT*

Good, I'm not the only R-tard out there....

Silly is also,

My kegerator is set up so I can switch between corny and sanke kegs. When I first set it up I had a brass hose connector on the serving line to switch between the two types. I had a keg force carbing at 30psi and apparently the hose was not on the connector far enough to withstand the psi and it came off the connector. I was alerted by a waterfall sound from behind my bar. I lost about 2.5 gallons of beer which went all over my living room. Luckily it was only the VCCA...

Latest posts

Back