Minnesotans, I need a judge for my last batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveT

Reaction score
anyone in the south metro or south of the cities? My last batch is questionable for infection and need a educated opinion, I think it's the yeast that makes it have a funk smell but I would like someone to test it before I toss it if that is needed. Looking for someone that knows what a infection smell/taste/ect... I can even bring some of my last Irish Red that is my best to date.

im in MN, southern suburbs, but dont really want to drink bad beer, but I will be happy to drink the good stuff!

I live in the south metro, but I'm a brewing noob still. I like beer, but don't have the experience to judge what could be causing a beer to be bad. :( Sorry.

I plan to go to midwest tomorrow or saturday so I might bring a sample with, it dont have a bad taste, that I can tell anyways. just the smell. I am hoping that it is how I hoped it or the yeast. I did cut down the hop times during the boil hoping to give it a bit more malty taste, but from what I have read it should not affect it as much as it did.

Mot what area are you located?

I think I can swing it to be at Midwest on Saturday, probably in the late morning. I'll PM you. Dunno how much help I could be, as I've never actually tasted many of the common off-flavors, only read about them.

You could also have the guys at Midwest taste it too, especially if you bought the recipe kit from them. I've done that before. :)

Latest posts

Back