GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched a couple of episodes of Dark Matter on someone's recommendation. It's obviously trying to be a clone of Firefly but doesn't hit the mark by a long shot. Some of the characters are blatant ripoffs of Firefly characters. Bad acting, bad dialogue, and not much going on to care about, sadly. I would love to have a new show in that vein to get excited about.

I've been finally watching the reboot season of Arrested Development. Like most everyone else, I wrote it off after seeing a couple episodes. It didn't seem to have the same charm the original series did, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what was lost. Watching it now, it's not as bad as my initial reaction would indicate. I'm kinda liking it actually.

"I've been finally watching the reboot season of Arrested Development. Like most everyone else, I wrote it off after seeing a couple episodes. It didn't seem to have the same charm the original series did, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what was lost. Watching it now, it's not as bad as my initial reaction would indicate. I'm kinda liking it actually. "

I think the initial reaction was due *mostly to the format. The setup and way they did episodes did not lend well to binging at all. The producers or writers or someone of that nature even cautioned before it was released do not binge watch this. A lot of vocal people were on twitter the next day decrying the whole season after marathoning it.

One of the best parts of the show is when they would have 75% or more of the family interacting together in one place. This season definitely was missing that. Also basing a whole episode on one character can be off putting depending on your taste, for example I hated either the GOB or Buster episode (its been awhile) while my friend thought it was the best. Watching the season spread out over a month or so I really did not understand the venom issued toward it.

"The Perfect Weapon"

Holy Crapsmackers!

What's the best way to avoid a barrage of bullets from automatic weapons?

Cartwheels!

Caught the first episode of Ozarks about halfway through. My wife was watching it. I wouldn't watch it because it's more drama than I can handle, but it's really well done. I found the part I saw to be pretty compelling.

My top 20:
1 breaking bad
2 better call Saul
3 the clone wars
4 the office
5 futurama
6 agents of shield
7 scandal
8 dark matter
9 daredevil
10 iron fist
11 Jessica Jones
12 person of interest
13 izombie
14 narcos
15 club de cuervos
16 the flash
17 leverage
18 prison break
19 Sherlock
20 the 100
Honorable mentions: House was #3 and The Universe was #7. Both were removed.

I'm open to suggestions if there are things I might like based on my list!

My top 20:
1 breaking bad
2 better call Saul
3 the clone wars
4 the office
5 futurama
6 agents of shield
7 scandal
8 dark matter
9 daredevil
10 iron fist
11 Jessica Jones
12 person of interest
13 izombie
14 narcos
15 club de cuervos
16 the flash
17 leverage
18 prison break
19 Sherlock
20 the 100
Honorable mentions: House was #3 and The Universe was #7. Both were removed.

I'm open to suggestions if there are things I might like based on my list!

Based on many of your picks, you should check out "Travelers" and "Black Mirror"

Based on many of your picks, you should check out "Travelers" and "Black Mirror"

Good call! I did watch both of those, ranked #26 and #27 respectively.
Travelers seems like it has a lot of potential, just thought the plot and character development were a little lacking. The time travel mechanic presents an always-moving target, they made it seem like nothing actually got accomplished in the whole season.
Black mirror was good and really thought-provoking, just not enough re-watch value to rank higher imo.

Cheers

Finally got a chance to see the latest Rick & Morty episodes, Pickle Rick is an awesome and hilarious episode. one of my favorites

Twin Peaks: The Return

after little discussion and no disagreement, with 4 episodes unwatched on the DVR, the BigHair and I have decided we could not stand to watch 12 minutes of someone tying his shoelaces, listen to David Lynch yelling, or even 1 more μsecond of DOUGIE

so, no mo **** show

Anyone watching Narcos? I need to watch the second season, but noticed season 3 comes in September.

Anyone watching Narcos? I need to watch the second season, but noticed season 3 comes in September.

I did watch. Was very good, but got kind of repetitive

I am looking forward to the new season, I will watch it

We watched Friends from College. It was okay. Didn't really believe Nat Faxon's character cuz aint no trust fund kid gonna have teeth that jacked

Anyone mentioned Peaky Blinders yet? Awesome 1920's era British gangster series.

My wife watched that one. It's a quality show. I'm not much into that kind of drama. To me it was like watching Sons of Anarchy in old Ireland.

Watched the latest (last?) episode of Doraleus and Associates on Youtube. Now I've switched to watching Battlefield Friends. Same animation company that did Doraleous, but about guys playing Battlefield.

Short clips, but generally contain some good humour. The jokes are usually relevant to the game, and while I've never played before, I'm familiar with some other games and I think the humour is easily understood between them.

ironically, the season of Sons of Anarchy when they went to Ireland was when the show started going completely off the rails

Kurt Sutter, the creator of SoA had another series, short-lived, called The Bastard Executioner. not really that bad, except for Sutter and his wife, the usually great Katey Sagal. it was set in medieval Wales and even though it was in English, we had to turn on Closed Captioning to understand wtf the characters were saying

wondering if Peaky Blinders is like that?

ironically, the season of Sons of Anarchy when they went to Ireland was when the show started going completely off the rails

Kurt Sutter, the creator of SoA had another series, short-lived, called The Bastard Executioner. not really that bad, except for Sutter and his wife, the usually great Katey Sagal. it was set in medieval Wales and even though it was in English, we had to turn on Closed Captioning to understand wtf the characters were saying

Peaky Blinders is English. Birmingham accent.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwjRfSldM0"]Marvel’s The Defenders | Official Trailer 3 [HD] | Netflix[/ame]

How did they ride the motorcycles to Ireland?

Don't remember, but I think they didn't bring them. They had to sneak in and out of the country. No passports or some snit

So in case anyone is interested I binge-watched Marvel's The Defenders.

There were a lot of pretty good action scenes, stuff continued from each respective series. It also tied up some loose ends from those, always a plus.
I was only a little disappointed with how slowly everything developed. I thought the plot of the whole season was very similar to (spoiler-highlight)The Avengers(/spoiler).

I'd recommend it if you like Marvel's offerings. I'd say worse than Jessica Jones and Daredevil but better than Iron Fist (Danny is consistently a *******) and Luke Cage in my humble opinion.

I just finished it last night and totally agree. Considering how they had already created connections with each of the heroes in their own series, there was no reason for it to take 3 whole episodes to bring them together.

well, break it down into 3 Acts and you have Defenders Assemble by the end of Act I (Episode 2⅔)

Act II is them learning the enemy and banding together to fight as a team

Act III is final fight and resolution

storytelling-by-numbers

Started American Gods the other day. I'm still warming up to it. I kind of like the style, especially the music that goes with it, but it's an acquired taste, I think.

And there is too much nudity and sex and violence...

;)

Finished Ozark last night. I thought it was good,but completely unbelievable. In contrast, I hated Bloodline, and every one of it's despicable characters. I despised this show so much I couldn't even get through the second season, so I have no idea how it played out. I keep asking myself why did I waste so much time on something I liked so little.

I began "Deep Water" last night (the series, not the movie) and It got my attention so I'll stick with it.

I added Bloodline to my list from the recommendation of someone else on here but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Can you narrow down what you hated so much about it?

Watched Snatch last night. Really pretty entertaining movie if you can understand the strong accents. One of my favorite Brad Pitt roles.

Love snatch, agree Pitt is epic in that role. Did you see lock stock and two smoking barrels g.ritchies first film? Its good too.

I am sure these have been mentioned bunch, apologize in advance, but i love the kung fu movies. Red cliff, the ong baks, ip man, and I think kung fu hustle is still on netflix. I dont watch a lot of movies anymore, but usually watch these types when I have time.

Finished Ozark last night. I thought it was good,but completely unbelievable. In contrast, I hated Bloodline, and every one of it's despicable characters. I despised this show so much I couldn't even get through the second season, so I have no idea how it played out. I keep asking myself why did I waste so much time on something I liked so little.

I began "Deep Water" last night (the series, not the movie) and It got my attention so I'll stick with it.

I added Bloodline to my list from the recommendation of someone else on here but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Can you narrow down what you hated so much about it?

I'm interested as well. One of my favorite shows.

Back