The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a second after dinner soaking in the hot tub. Again. Nice beer but $3.50 a can? Bullsh!t. That marketing strategy always pisses me off. Make a product that is good, then charge three times what others charge for something comparable and stupid people line up to throw money at you. It might work short term and satiate your board of directors who are looking the next quarter but it's hardly good for building a customer base.

Hey Cape,
I should be your market analyst. Do you have dental? What's your 401k match?

If it ain't worth $14, stop your ****ing bitching and leave it on the shelf. Goddamn communist.

Had a second after dinner soaking in the hot tub. Again. Nice beer but $3.50 a can? Bullsh!t. That marketing strategy always pisses me off. Make a product that is good, then charge three times what others charge for something comparable and stupid people line up to throw money at you. It might work short term and satiate your board of directors who are looking the next quarter but it's hardly good for building a customer base.

Hey Cape,
I should be your market analyst. Do you have dental? What's your 401k match?

Did you watch out for harpoons?

Should of had a Harpoon and pocketed the $6 difference.

And so that I am clear I'm not bitching about the fact that they charge a ridiculous amount of money for a four pack although I guess I kind of am. I'm just wondering why people adopt that business strategy, it always seems like it's just short sighted. Do they really think that their beer is so good that I'm going to drink it and say "Wow this is so good I'm going to pay twice as much and get a third less!".

And so that I am clear I'm not bitching about the fact that they charge a ridiculous amount of money for a four pack although I guess I kind of am. I'm just wondering why people adopt that business strategy, it always seems like it's just short sighted. Do they really think that their beer is so good that I'm going to drink it and say "Wow this is so good I'm going to pay twice as much and get a third less!".

Yes, that is exactly what you are doing actually.

You bought it, didn't you? As long as they're selling basically everything that they can produce, why the **** would you charge less?

Man, I think I touched a nerve with the Vermonters when I poked fun at the Alchemist.

I'm only commenting on the stupidity of people paying that price. If they can get fools the drive to East Buttfu(k VT to stand in line for hours in the hope of overpaying for decent beer, good for them. Same with the good folks who make Boom Sauce. Good for them.
They just aren't getting any more of my money.

You bought it, didn't you? As long as they're selling basically everything that they can produce, why the **** would you charge less?

Man, I think I touched a nerve with the Vermonters when I poked fun at the Alchemist.

I'm only commenting on the stupidity of people paying that price. If they can get fools the drive to East Buttfu(k VT to stand in line for hours in the hope of overpaying for decent beer, good for them. Same with the good folks who make Boom Sauce. Good for them.
They just aren't getting any more of my money.

When did Russian River start distributing in New England? ;)

Yeah, it's a great business model for them, as long as it works...

And I don't think a protest by PTN (who still buys it anyways - nice protest!) is going to shut them down...

And I don't think a protest by PTN (who still buys it anyways - nice protest!) is going to shut them down...

I agree. It's a phenomenal business model. Produce a product that's not really very different than any one of dozens of other local products, charge crazy amounts of money for said average product and people gladly pay it. Heady at least has the cache of being from East Buttfu(k, Vermont so all the wool underwear Granolas want it. Boom Sauce is brewed in friggin' Woburn, within sight of the worst highway intersection in North America. What makes it so F'ing special? It's a nice IPA but it didn't change my life.

That said, I bought the beer once. Yesterday. I've been given Heady by a friend.

Aaaaaand, if I showed up outside of the brewery in bike shorts and a Boom Sauce bike jersey they'd be out of business by the end of the year.

If you showed up to ANY place on a regular basis wearing bike shorts it would scare off their patrons and drive them out of business within a year. (wal-mart being the exception....hell...you might allready be in one of their videos.)

Hey all. Hope you all had a great holiday season and an awesome new year. Me and the SWMBO were down diving in Bonaire for 2.5 weeks. I'd like to say I missed yooz guyz but if that was true I would have checked in from the island. Anyway, sucks to be back, so I figured I'd bust on all of you to feel better. So, please, and kindly, all GFYs. Thanks

Hey all. Hope you all had a great holiday season and an awesome new year. Me and the SWMBO were down diving in Bonaire for 2.5 weeks. I'd like to say I missed yooz guyz but if that was true I would have checked in from the island. Anyway, sucks to be back, so I figured I'd bust on all of you to feel better. So, please, and kindly, all GFYs. Thanks

that sounds like fun! your toque is on it's way to Texas.

maybe someday I will go to Bonaire but probably not.

Back