• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Washington Automated NO POWER brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
Have you ever wanted on/off control of your brewing setup but didn't want to plug it into a power supply? Here is the solution. I have two unused millivolt gas valves. They both use Thermopiles which are just a big thermocouple that generates enough electricity to allow the gas valve coil to move up and down. Hook them up to a switch and you can have on off control of your valves. I was going to go this route as these were going to be used on my setup but decided to go electric. each will come with a new 750mv thermopile, 14" pilot tubing with compression fitting and pilot assembly. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Pex-supply is the cheapest I found the thermopiles and they go for $38+ shipping each, The pilot assemblies sell for $18 + shipping. The pilot assemblies sell for $ 18 each and The tubing was a couple bucks and the compression fittings were next to nothing.

I have looked around quite a bit on the valves and have found that they can get pretty expensive but this is at a premium based off of what they are. I'm not going to rip anybody off so here is what I will sell them for:

Each Valve $65 Shipped
Each Thermopile $25 Shipped
Each Pilot assembly $15
Tubing and Compression fitting free

I have both boxes for the valves, they are both fitted for NG so you would need to do a conversion. If you have any questions about these items please feel free to ask me. I loved the idea of having these so I could brew anywhere without power and still have that on/off control of my burners but think electric is for me. PM me or post any questions.

10.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

Latest posts

Back