Huge score. SS Utility sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randar

Half rib short of a full rack
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so this is maybe a bit of happy-dance/bragging, but managed to land a $4,000 Elkay 2-bowl Scullery sink for my basement brewery cleanup (hey, this is equipment/sanitation, right?) for... $400. WooHoooo!

It has 2 basins and a 24" drying shelf on the side and the thing is brand spanking new! :ban:

http://www.elkayusa.com/Images_Content/images/WNSF8230L2.jpg

Ok, so this is maybe a bit of happy-dance/bragging, but managed to land a $4,000 Elkay 2-bowl Scullery sink for my basement brewery cleanup (hey, this is equipment/sanitation, right?) for... $400. WooHoooo!

It has 2 basins and a 24" drying shelf on the side and the thing is brand spanking new! :ban:

http://www.elkayusa.com/Images_Content/images/WNSF8230L2.jpg

Nice. I have been scouring craigslist for something like that...

You smelly bastard! How about donating it to a work in progress brew shed build? You'll get an engraved plaque on my donation wall once work is complete.:D

Stop messing around with craigslist and Ebay and get a phone book out and find the Used Restaurant dealers in your area.

I know a guy who tears out old restaurants and he said would never sell a used one for that price. Turns out the seller used to work for Elkay and had one he was going to use at home and never got around to it. His wife made him sell it! LOL! When I was heading over there I was expecting to find it used and in mediocre shape, but it was pristine. Craigslist RSS feed, I heart you!

I have one just like that in my new cookshack.
I love it!
Brewed yesterday for the first time in there, and was VERY nice to be able to wash 5 gal buckets, and 10 gal coolers IN THE SINK!
You'll enjoy it for sure.

That sink is a nice score!
I found an local online used restaurant equipment auction company and have scored several good items at killer prices. 20 lb CO2 cylinder, commercial fridge, stainless prep table, and stainless sink. Some of the stuff I have resold to pay for the brewing addiction. Now, all I need is a brewing room to really set up in.

Back