LME Purchasing Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJtarheel

Reaction score
I brew mainly extracts. My LBS is fairly expensive. $11.95 for 3.3 lbs with no discount on bulk purchases. If I buy from the Internet, who has the best deals regarding price and shipping?

Fermenting: Black IPA
Bottled: Too many to mention:)

the best I've found so far is williamsbrewing.com, they got 32 lbs of lme 4X(8lb) bags for $49.99. I don't think anyone has better prices than that.

I brew mainly extracts. My LBS is fairly expensive. $11.95 for 3.3 lbs with no discount on bulk purchases. If I buy from the Internet, who has the best deals regarding price and shipping?

Fermenting: Black IPA
Bottled: Too many to mention:)

Since you have to pay for shipping weight, why not buy DME?

Even with shipping LME from Williams brewing is cheaper:mug:

Wow, there is an advantage to live in the "mainland". Low shipping. Of course while my daughter was watching the rain fall in N.C. in 40* temps I was hiking in shorts and a cut off tee shirt to a beautiful waterfall w/three equally beautiful young ladies. Temp here was about 75 in the shade and maybe 80 in the sun. :mug:

18brew.jpg

Wow, there is an advantage to live in the "mainland". Low shipping. Of course while my daughter was watching the rain fall in N.C. in 40* temps I was hiking in shorts and a cut off tee shirt to a beautiful waterfall w/three equally beautiful young ladies. Temp here was about 75 in the shade and maybe 80 in the sun. :mug:

You can take your 80s.

Anything over 65 is too hot. A perfect day is 25 and sunny with a foot of fresh snow.

Back