just had my first glass of my own beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Movinfr8

Reaction score
And it was fan-tas-tic!!
well, maybe a little hoppy, but ,hey I made it!!
Now, so many questions...
This was a Munton's old ale and DME with a hop packet. It has only been bottled 3days, so yeah it was a lil flat, but still quite drinkable and had some bubbles.
I would like to have 2 batches, so what's next?
I like irish reds, and also Guinness, There is a coopers Irish Stout kit that is supposed to be like Guinness, and I like Guinness in cool/cold weather, I have heard it needs to age in bottles a LONG time to get the head right. anyone used this kit?

Oh, and Hi everybody!!
Norm (yes, that really IS my name)

Congrats and welcome! By the way, you should let your brew condition atleast 2 weeks. If you think it's good now, just have patience and wait and see. It DOES get better with age. I still have a brown ale that is about 2 months old (bottled) and it has gotten better with time. Sorry can't help you on those kits. Never used them. I usually do partial mashes but am slowly working my way to AG. Cheers!

NORM!!

Congrats on the first batch - I always get excited when taking the first sip of a batch, but there is nothing like your first one.

NORM!!!!

I was almost Cliff Claven here, but I'm too much of a Brewer fan.
Welcome and congrats on your first batch. Now you've just got to learn some patience with respect to drinking your brews:cross:

I still remember that moment. I got chills. I had been waiting patiently for just the right moment, and to drink that first sip and realize that not only is it drinkable, but it's damn fine stuff, well, it was monumental.

Now it's a little less special, but I still see the first taste of a carbonated beer as a very special event. That and the first sign of yeast activity are a couple of the most visceral moments this hobby offers.

Latest posts

Back