Current batch seems watery.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMitten

Reaction score
I tasted a batch of Hefe that's brewing yesterday and it tasted good, but watery. I was told to add some extra water to bring down the alcohol level which was pretty high. I probably added maybe a half gallon. I also only managed to get 3/4 of the yeast in the beer since it exploded when I opened it.

Any suggestions?

Wait,and drink good beer in a month or so.What was your Origional gravity reading? Or what abv are you expecting or how much extract or base grain did you use?

If you just brewed it yesterday, you need to be much more patient. Beer takes time.

One thing to note is that beer tastes more watery when not carbonated compared to carbonated. As far as I know, you have no options to make it less watery anyhow, so best not to worry about what you can't control now, but maybe next time plan your recipe so you don't have such a high alcohol content that someone suggests you add water (don't know why someone would suggest that, but perhaps they had a good reason).

Back