Double Cream of Three Crops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkreuze

Reaction score
That's what happens when you inadvertently double the grain bill for a fine Biermuncher recipe, you have to come up with an inspiring title for the recipe.

My first all-grain brew (I have at least 30 extract/minimash brews under my belt) came out great. The second AG is a Celebration clone, that's riding the yeast cake still (should be kegged today).

I used a Zapap for the MLT, with a Harley blanket as insulation. Wort tasted sweet, it was good to go.

This is the best tasting brew I have made to date. I have defended extract brews on numerous occasions but . . .

the all-grain worked out a lot better.

Here's the data from my log

Blonde FAIL—er I mean ALE
12 lbs pilsen malt
2 lbs flaked corn\
1.5 lbs flaked rice
US-05

Mashed in Zapap for 60ish minutes with strike water at 175 (that was strike temp at add-in), wrapped mash tun in harley davidson blanket

Drained out to bucket, batch sparged with 3-4 gallons at 175-180, let sit for 14 minutes, drained out to bucket, put runnings in 7.5gal pot, heated to boil. 2Oz cascade hops at 60, .25-.50 oz nugget hops at 30, 2 oz Crystal hops at 5 min.

I switched out the hops from the original recipe quite a bit, going with what I had on hand. Still waiting for carbonation to take, but the pre-carbed sample tastes better than anything coming out of the home brewery so far.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back