As I am making final plans, she is watching Halloween!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sablesurfer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The GF is a major horror story/movie freak and watches every crappy movie I cannot stand. Right now she is watching Halloween 2 and complaining because Michael Myers is not supposed to be making any noise and this version is annoying her. :) She is also the ONLY and FIRST reason this house of mine has ever been decorated for any holiday. Halloween is her thing and 10bins of stuff shows me she....might have a problem. LOL.

Right here on these boards I learned about chicken paprikash or paprika hendl. Turns out, not only was it mentioned in Bram Stroker's Dracula, it is an actual food dish from the times! Who knew? Definitely not this 80's alternative (turning japanese) and comedy/action movie fan!

Making it tonight and she is spending the day binge watching horror stuff inbetween Sunday chores. This is what I did while I was "killing monsters" on my DDO game....

The menu -
menupic.jpg

Cooking will commence in about two hours. Hope this surprises her in this season of Halloween!!

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?

Come with us and you will see
This, our town of Halloween

That's true, paprika chicken is a very old dish. My fil was Hungarian & we got served it a time or two. I then of course, had to serve them fresh rabbit with gravy, veggies, mashed taters & biscuits.

Back