The Vierling and Blackrocks in Marquette, Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Went to The Vierling again this year as we passed through Marquette. Maybe it's because I have been away from the hoppy beers for a while, but I had the Amarillo Ale and the Citra IPA and I REALLY liked both.

Chatted with Chumley, the brewmaster for a few minutes. Super cool guy, and he told me about the Citra beer and some other stuff.

Food was real good, as usual. Beer was very solid as usual.

Chumley also told me about Blackrocks brewpub in town. Checked them out and alas, the beer needs help. They were REAL busy, and I think they may be going through the beer pretty quickly. My Blonde was VERY hazy and the flavor was off a bit.

But their logo was KILLER! Bought a pint glass to take home. I think they will be fine once they get enough capacity to match the demand and tweak some recipes. I only had the one beer, so I can't speak for their whole list (half of which was not available by the time I got there!)

They served from a neat old house with a beer garden area. Very hip. They even have a mug club going on.

Latest posts

Back