New steam jacketed kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabst Blue Robot

Reaction score
I sourced a new kettle through an old coworker this week. He happened to have a 40 gallon steam jacketed kettle that he'd planned to use for candle making but it fell through. I was able to buy it for $400 including delivery. The kettle is a Vulcan-Hart model GS-40. It's 304 stainless steel, weighs 600lb+, and came with all of the goodies (including a brand new propane regulator conversion and ignitor!) Here are some pics:

Here are some of the attachments as well as the stirring apparatus. I am planning to use this as a boil kettle, and once I replace the gas plumbing and test fire it, I am faced with the challenge of designing some sort of hop filter. This should bring my capacity up to 1 BBL batches, as the mash tun also has a 40 gal volume and I can now use my old 25 gal kettle as a HLT. I'm entertaining the notion of using this kettle as a mash tun if I find another big one to boil in, since it's steam and has the stir paddle.

I sourced a new kettle through an old coworker this week. He happened to have a 40 gallon steam jacketed kettle that he'd planned to use for candle making but it fell through. I was able to buy it for $400 including delivery. The kettle is a Vulcan-Hart model GS-40. It's 304 stainless steel, weighs 600lb+, and came with all of the goodies (including a brand new propane regulator conversion and ignitor!) Here are some pics:

sorry never saw any pics

Latest posts

Back