Picked blackberries for wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyn11

Reaction score
Just back from a little trip of picking blackberries managed to get 1kg of nice squishy ripe ones and have stuck em in the freezer to do the freeze thaw cycles

Will hopefully have em ready for thursday :)

image-999192173.jpg

He can probably stretch it for 3L, if he sticks to a light-bodied sweet wine.

Seriously, I'd be tempted to use apple cider for the base rather than water.

My buddy and I picked 20 lbs of berries the other day and to our surprise we found six plum tree with fall off the tree ripe plums on them, we got like twenty or thirty pounds of plums in an hour, I'm going to do a five gallon plum wine a five gallon blackberry and a five gallon plum cider. We are going back for more very soon before the bears get em.

Twice now I've seen this thread and read it as pickled blackberries for wine.
I don't see how that could be good, but it would be interesting!

I would separate out the blackberries with red in them, you will make better wine if you use fully ripened berries IMO. YMMV.

Its alot of effort maybe i will make sure to pick only blackend ones

I know about the effort that goes into it, I just picked 20 lbs last Sunday, and need to get around 20 more this weekend, but trust me you will be rewarded with a better wine using ripe fruit.

Back