Pittsburgh/Western PA Group Buy - Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a cloudy beer kind of guy. I already have all the ingredients for this aside from the irish moss so I'll do without it
I don't mind cloudy beers, and sometimes make them on purpose (e.g. wheat). But Irish Moss is cheap and easy (just add a bit 10-15 minutes before the end of the boil). That plus letting it sit in a keg close to 32 degrees (aka cold crash) really helped clear them up.
That's a good looking beer, copyright.
Thanks! Tastes good too!
It sure does look good.

But how do you put it on its side and it doesn't spill out. Copyright has skill
That's because of that special "anti-gravity" spring water I use here in upstate NY. :)

ATTENTION:

I am going to make a list of purchasers by HBT Username and post your city beside it so they are all in one spot. With this you could PM people that are in your area and work out grain pickups and what not. I will not post Personal info like name, street address, or phone. That info would be up to you to share. I would put this on the opening post. All of our cities are posted in our tag or whatever it is called on the left so I don't think its a big deal. Let me know if you are opposed to this and I won't include you. This would be posted when we close the buy or maybe sooner because I know some of you are in Ohio thinking about buying.

Example:
dand9066 - Indiana, PA
DMace - Monroeville, PA

Usernames and Cities added to first post

Just realized I never gave you my address. I am in White Oak, its close enough that noone should need me to pick up for them, but figured I'd give the info.

ONE WEEK LEFT

CAPS - 1k Left. $12/1k
DME - 20lb Left. $10/5lb
StarSan - 1 gal left. $32/gal
PBW - CLOSED

Carapils - CLOSED
Rice Hulls - CLOSED
Crystal 15 - CLOSED
Wheat Malt - quarter sack open
Crystal 60 - CLOSED

ONE WEEK LEFT

CAPS - 2k Left. $12/1k
DME - 20lb Left. $10/5lb
StarSan - 2 gal left. $32/gal
PBW - 1 split left. $26/11lb adamreef this is only available in splits of .2 I changed you from .1 to .2.

Carapils - half sack open
Rice Hulls - quarter sack open
Crystal 15 - quarter sack open
Wheat Malt - 3 quarters sack open
Crystal 60 - quarter sack open

The StarSan is an incredible value! And would someone please take the remainding caps and DME so I don't have to close them out and end up with four thousand bottle caps!

i have myself down for a 50lb bag of dextrose, but if anyone wants to get a decent chunk of it, that's fine. i probably don't really need that much.

I'll split it with you. I added it to the splits at #24. You can remove the full bag from your order and then complete the split.

Only about 20 sacks away from being able to close it. So i'm not going to check this until Monday morning and its going to be complete and ready for me to send off for the price quote. Ha more like I'll check it in an hr. Then another hr.

But yeah lets close this by Monday so we can get this grain sooner.

THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE:
ANY Briess Grain... Extracts are OK
Hops/Hop Extract
Fruit Puree
BrewCraft items

I just got this off another group buy... I didnt think Briess Grain was available...might want to check for sure.

We have 14 bags of Briess on the spreadsheet.

THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE:
ANY Briess Grain... Extracts are OK
Hops/Hop Extract
Fruit Puree
BrewCraft items

I just got this off another group buy... I didnt think Briess Grain was available...might want to check for sure.

We have 14 bags of Briess on the spreadsheet.

I already talked to someone that ordered briess but more and more people went for it. NCM has a contract with briess not to sell to homebrewers. We are using a business account therefore I thought we should be alright. I will get in touch with bugman and see if he can give them a buzz and double check.

As far as Briess goes, I'm only involved in a carapils split . If it needs to be switched to Best Malz BZ-CPLS I'm all for it. I'm not all that crazy with Breiss as a malster anyways.

I'm fine with switching. I can't remember who I talked to that ordered briess but they were alright with switching if need be. I'll let you guys know hopefully no later than Monday. I only have bugmans business line so I left a message

dand9066 said:
I'm fine with switching. I can't remember who I talked to that ordered briess but they were alright with switching if need be. I'll let you guys know hopefully no later than Monday. I only have bugmans business line so I left a message

I ordered briess but no one talked to me, let me know if i need to switch.

I added 3 more people to the buy today! We only have about 16 sacks of grain to go.

1 gallon of star san left
20lbs of DME left
1K caps left. C'mon there only $13
Flaked corn. Half a split left. either 25lbs or 2 sets of 12.5

I added 3 more people to the buy today! We only have about 16 sacks of grain to go.

1 gallon of star san left
20lbs of DME left
1K caps left. C'mon there only $13
Flaked corn. Half a split left. either 25lbs or 2 sets of 12.5

Good use of corn: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/squeeze-my-lemon-summer-blonde-52886/ (made a batch of this yesterday).

Or, there's always this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/fans-rolling-rock-i-saw-clone-beer-magazine-recipe-inside-269953/ :rockin:

bmickey said:
Are we supposed to not order Briess malts? If so i need to change my order.

I will find out tomorrow for sure. If your on the order sheet with briess products when it closes you will hold your spot even if you have to swap grains.

BRIESS:
We have a business account and not an account in just a home brewers name therefore bug believes we can purchase BRIESS products. If that changes I will specifically let anyone know that has place a Briess order.

LETS CLOSE THIS...

wyoohio said:
Is there Rye malt on there anywhere?
If so I will add a bag to help close this thing out.

I don't know that there is any on the order sheet but feel free to add it. Copy and paste the link in yellow on the sheet to view the list. Pick which one u want and add it

Back