Almost an Electric Fire!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what's going to likely happen:

The crimp may feel secure now, but as it heats and cools during cycling, it will (via expansion and contraction) get looser, which will lead to the connection developing higher resistance. This will continue to cycle until you're back where you started, if it doesn't burn your control panel.

I did crimp the living bejesus out of the repair given the circumstances, probably damn near clad the copper to the lug :). But, a quality set of crimpers and perhaps those screw connect lugs are going into my Amazon for my next order. Then I will go back through and fix things properly so it doesn't do as you said over time.

I did crimp the living bejesus out of the repair given the circumstances, probably damn near clad the copper to the lug :). But, a quality set of crimpers and perhaps those screw connect lugs are going into my Amazon for my next order. Then I will go back through and fix things properly so it doesn't do as you said over time.

Cool

Back