Dry hopping BB Holiday Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be hesitant to go too heavy on hopping it (although I've never tried the kit myself). Generally, holiday ales should be all about the spices and malt; hops really tend to be bittering balance and maybe a little aroma. If you were to do so, I'd do it with something mild like Fuggles or Willamette.

Just bottled this kit, and since I am a rookie, I did not know what to expect. Pre-bottle taste test seemed a bit light on the bitters, but then thats my opine. My OG was a little higher than listed, 1.078, and my FG was 1.008. started boil with 5.3 Gal of water and ended at just under 4.9 gal so that was close. Will see in 7-10 days what I think.

Harry

I'd definitely be curious to hear how that turns out for you. I did a 3 gallon boil and ended up with an OG on the low side with 1.068. FG (or at least G at 5 days) was 1.018, so still hoping that's a dropped a little by next reading.

Back